At Magers Health and Wellness Center we practice Yang 103 Form. Yang Style is the second oldest recorded form and the most popular worldwide. Yang Style is characterized by a closely-knit series of relaxed and composed flowing movements that combine strength with resilience and vigor with gentleness. This class is appropriate for any age, any level of physical fitness and is a great place for someone who is just starting an exercise regime. Beginners are always welcome, we can easily adapt to your skill, fitness level and/or health needs.
Tai Chi is a remarkably potent workout for people of all ages and physical fitness levels. Tai Chi concentrates on strengthening the central nervous system, and on harmonizing muscles and blood flow to the heart, which in turn allows a greater amount of oxygen to be available for consumption. This circulation is beneficial to the heart as it prevents many diseases of the heart and the viscera and inflexibility of the cardiac muscle.
Recent studies show Tai Chi has been found to:
- Improve balance and muscular flexibility
- Improve immune system response
- Improve ability to concentrate and multitask during cognitive tests
- Reduce bone loss in women
- Improve lower body and leg strength
- Reduce with arthritis pain
- Reduce blood pressure
- Promote faster recovery from breast cancer
- Promote faster recovery from strokes and heart attacks
- Enhance mental capacity and concentration
- Improve balance and stability by strengthening ankles and knees
Wear light, flexible clothing and bring a water bottle for hydration.
Spring 2019 Session
January 9 - May 17, Wednesdays and Fridays
Time: 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
Magers Health and Wellness Center, Room 102
April 19 - No class due to Spring Holiday
Registration fee: Free! There will be no charge for this session.
Instructor: Dee Ogilvy
Dee is Tai Chi Master who has been studying Tai Chi for over three decades.
Please register through My Learning Connection:
- Login at My Missouri State.
- Go to the “Profile” tab.
- Click “My Learning Connection” under the Professional Development section.
- Once there, type and select Tai Chi into the search box at the upper right of the screen.
- Follow the prompts to checkout and complete payment process, if necessary.
Contact Ben Hunt at BenHunt@missouristate.edu for additional questions and information.