Mindfulness and Meditation
Mindfulness & Meditation I
Unplug and unwind; restore and renew
Are you feeling overwhelmed? Stressed out? Dizzy with the distractions of the digital age? Enslaved by the tyranny of time and not enough hours in the day? Do you need to unplug and unwind? Do you need to be more creative and centered? Are you seeking serenity and peace of mind? If so, this class is for you!
Doctors attribute 80% of our illness to the effects of stress. This is called the Age of Anxiety. Why not learn how to disconnect from the world and control your own turbulent mind? In this class you will learn four different styles of meditation and be given a mindfulness practice to do each week. These techniques are universal and separate from any religion or sect. Now it is time to join the Mindful Revolution.
Where - Magers Health and Wellness Center 100
Time - 5:30 - 7:30pm
When - October 18, 25 (Instructor Pat Campbell)
November 1, 8 (Instructor Adam Campbell) - Virtual Zoom
Fee - $60
****Food and Drink Provided for In-person meeting Oct. 18 and 25.****
****Course Book Provided. Customized per student by Pat Campbell****
- Meditating for 40 years, studied under three master teachers, conducts meditation retreats
- Masters in Counseling from Tulane University
- Meditating for 30 years, including formal monastic training
- Educator for 20 years
- Trained as a spiritual director at the Shalem Institute for Spiritual Formation
Please register using My Learning Connection:
- Login at My Missouri State.
- Go to the “Profile” tab.
- Choose “My Learning Connection” under the Professional Development section.
- Once there, type Mindfulness and Meditation into the search box at the upper right of the screen.
- Follow the prompts to use your noncredit fee waiver or pay for the class.