The Foster Recreation Center (FRC), opened in 2012, is an amazing addition to Missouri State. It offers a place for the entire campus community to work out, play and learn about healthy living.
Foster Recreation Center
Foster Recreation Center
Aquatic Center Lap Lanes
Indoor Rock Wall
The following hours are reflective of normal operational hours. For break/holiday hours and facility closures, please visit the Closures and Reduced Hours page.
Fall and Spring
6:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
6:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
|Monday - Friday||6:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.|
|Saturday - Sunday||Closed|
Family hours will be offered throughout the summer and Fridays 4pm to 7pm and all day during weekend hours when classes are in session. Please contact Campus Recreation at email@example.com or 417-836-5334 for any questions or concerns.
Note: If the University is closed due to inclement weather, the Foster Recreation Center will have reduced hours. Intramural games and other scheduled activities will be canceled.
About the FRC
The Foster Recreation Center, known as the FRC, came about due to requests from students. It was largely paid for by a fee students voted to place upon themselves. Therefore, the FRC focuses primarily on the needs of students, and students were involved in almost every phase of its design.
Timeline of notable events:
- May 2004: Students gather more than 1,000 petition signatures in two weeks to request a feasibility study for a recreation center
- August 2006: Feasibility study concludes
- October 2006: Students vote to fund center with student fee beginning in Fall 2007
- March 2009: Site for new center chosen
- April 26, 2010: Ground-breaking ceremony
- May 2010: Construction begins
- October 2011: Facility gets name of Bill R. Foster and Family Recreation Center thanks to major gift commitment from the Foster family
- August 20, 2012: Grand opening celebration and ribbon cutting
- Recreational pool with warm water, lap lanes, underwater seating with hydrotherapy jets, and water-current channel
- Spa in the Aquatic Center that seats 12 to 14
- Indoor jogging track (6.5 laps = 1 mile)
- Fitness Center with cardiovascular and strength-training equipment
- Indoor rock-climbing and bouldering walls
- Outdoor free-standing boulder for climbing
- Basketball and volleyball courts
- Multi-activity court to play sports such as badminton, indoor soccer, dodgeball, and more
- Studios for dancing and other fitness classes
- Lounge areas with Wi-Fi and flat-screen televisions
- Men's, women's, and universal locker rooms
- Several sustainable features, fulfilling LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) silver certification