At Magers Health and Wellness Center we practice Yang 103 Form. Yang Style is the second oldest recorded form and the most popular worldwide. Yang Style is characterized by a closely-knit series of relaxed and composed flowing movements that combine strength with resilience and vigor with gentleness. This class is appropriate for any age, any level of physical fitness and is a great place for someone who is just starting an exercise regime. Beginners are always welcome, we can easily adapt to your skill, fitness level and/or health needs.
Tai Chi is a remarkably potent workout for people of all ages and physical fitness levels. Tai Chi concentrates on strengthening the central nervous system, and on harmonizing muscles and blood flow to the heart, which in turn allows a greater amount of oxygen to be available for consumption. This circulation is beneficial to the heart as it prevents many diseases of the heart and the viscera and inflexibility of the cardiac muscle.
Recent studies show Tai Chi has been found to:
- Improve balance and muscular flexibility
- Improve immune system response
- Improve ability to concentrate and multitask during cognitive tests
- Reduce bone loss in women
- Improve lower body and leg strength
- Reduce arthritis pain
- Reduce blood pressure
- Promote faster recovery from breast cancer
- Promote faster recovery from strokes and heart attacks
- Enhance mental capacity and concentration
- Improve balance and stability by strengthening ankles and knees
Wear light, flexible clothing and bring a water bottle for hydration.
Fall 2020 Session
Due to COVID-19, all classes have been temporarily postponed.
Please contact us by emailing BenHunt@MissouriState.edu.