What is a utility vehicle?
A utility vehicle is a vehicle that has a top speed of less than 35 miles per hour. Utility vehicles include:
- Golf carts
- General vehicles used by the grounds services and the maintenance departments
- Powered mower and lawn care equipment
- Small tractors
- Fork lifts
Who can use utility vehicles?
University departments or contractors with a valid business need. Appropriate academic/administrative officers determine if the need is appropriate. Everyone operating a utility vehicle must follow the regulations.
Who can operate utility vehicles?
The operator must be an authorized and approved employee, contractor or student.
How to become an authorized driver
- Watch the utility cart safety video.
- Fill out the golf cart/utility vehicle training form.
- Submit it to transportation services and your supervisor.