The Bear With Me Program allows students to pay parking citations by completing community service hours.
Bear With Me Program
How does it work?
- Go to GivePulse or VolunteerOzarks or any recognized volunteer organization in the Springfield area to find a community service opportunity.
- Do at least (2) two hours of community service. Community service must be completed within (15) fifteen days of the citation date.
- Complete the Bear With Me Program form and submit the form by email to Parking@missouristate.edu or drop it by the Parking office located at 700 E. Elm St. Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday thru Friday.
Is my ticket eligible for this program?
To be eligible for this, your ticket must:
- Be issued by Campus Safety.
- Have a value of $53 or less.
It cannot be a citation due to illegal parking in a disabled space.
A student can only work off one ticket, each semester, during the academic year. The community service hours can only be used for this program.
Previously the program ended when $3,000 in parking citations, of each academic year, were worked off, but due to the generosity of SGA the program has been extended for another $3,000 - which will now have the program ending at $6,000.
For any questions or concerns please reach out to Joy Rhodes at 417-836-4853.