Whatever the problem, we want to help.
Employee Assistance Program
About the benefit
An Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a free, confidential service to help you and your immediate family members with a wide range of problems. It’s available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
EAPs can help you by providing information, support and referral services to assist you with life concerns. The assistance may be provided by phone, online and/or face to face counseling.
We are pleased to offer employees two options to access services:
2021: Through December 31, 2021 EAP is administered by New Directions Behavioral Health (Mercy) and New York Life Group Benefits (formerly CIGNA).
2022: Effective January 1, 2022 EAP will be administered by: Mercy EAP and UNUM
New Directions Behavioral Health (Mercy)
Available to both full-time and part-time employees
New Directions offers an array of services including:
- Behavioral health solutions, ranging from a helpline to short term counseling, to crisis management
- Work/life referrals and wellness coaching
- Financial and Legal Consultation
- Training and Webinars to help with personal and professional roles
For more information on the services offered by Mercy, visit the New Directions website. To login, use the passcode “msu.” To reach the EAP support line, call 800-624-5544.
New York Life Group Benefits Solutions (formeraly CIGNA)
Available to full-time employees only
NYL-GBS can help you and your immediate family members address life’s many challenges. NYL-GBS offers counseling for work-life issues, assistance with finding child or senior care, help with legal or financial matters and more.
For information on services offered by NYL-GBS, visit the website or call 1-800-538-3543.
- My Secure Advantage consists of a thirty-day pre-paid money coaching program, identity theft prevention and fraud resolution services, online tools for state-specific wills and other important legal documents.
- Secure Travel is a comprehensive worldwide travel assistance program including pre-trip planning, assistance while travelling and emergency assistance. All of the program services are available when the covered person is traveling 100 miles or more from home. Services for medically necessary transport, return of dependent children, return of a traveling companion, visit of a family member/friend and repatriation of remains are covered by the program.
- Survivor Assurance (formerly called Cignaassurance) - is Group Benefit Solutions standard way of paying Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) claims for $5,000 or more. Beneficiaries are provided with a Welcome Kit and are provided access to a free, interest-bearing account for their proceeds
2022 EAP Benefits
Available to both full-time and part-time employees and their household. Take time for your self. EAP resources are available to help you manage a variety of situations.
Mercy EAP offers an array of services including:
- strained relationships
- Stress, Depression and/or Anxiety
- Anger, resentment
- Budgeting and debt Management
- Parenting concerns
- Grief and Loss/ Pillars of Resilience
Call 24 hours a day- 7 days a week- 365 days a year 314-729.4600 #2 or 1-800-413-8008 #2
Tools and questionaires
Available to full-time employees only
UNUM can help you and your immediate family members address life’s many challenges. UNUM offers counseling for work-life issues, assistance with finding child or senior care, help with legal or financial matters and more.
For information on services offered by UNUM, visit the Unum.com/lifebalance or call 1-800-854-1446.
Unum can assist further with these additional value add programs:
- Travel assistance program services are available when the covered person is traveling 100 miles or more from home. Spouse and dependent children under the age of 19 are covered. Access:
- Hospital admission assistance/ Emergency medical evacuation
- Prescription replacement assistance
- Transportation for a friend or family member to join a hospitalized patient
- Care and transport of unattended minor children
- Legal and interpreter referrals
- passport replacement assistance
- and more
- Life and Legal planning - when a loved one is terminally ill, or passes away, you may need help with personal financial, and legal decision that need to be made. Life planning consultants are trained in mental health field and can provide financial and legal support regarding estate settlement, Social Security, cash flow, taxes and investment planning.
Provides full range of HR Benefits management services. Specific responsibilities include health insurance, dental, vision, long term disability, life insurance, FSA, leave and FMLA benefits, and retirement.