- Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior and Man/Woman of the Year awards are based on year in school- not credit hours. (Example: 3 years = junior).
- You may only apply for each award once in your college career. You may apply for more than one award each year. This stipulation does not apply to Outstanding Faculty/Staff Advisor and Outstanding Alumni Advisor.
- Nominees can nominate themselves for consideration or be nominated for consideration by a member of the Fraternity and Sorority Life community.
- Awards packet will be judged upon your college career up to the end of 2022. 2023 accomplishments will not be considered.
- Each award has 3 essay questions. Responses for each question should not exceed 300 words.
- The application points are based solely upon the decision of the judges who review the applications.
- A member of the Missouri State University faculty or staff, and a student affairs professional from another campus or inter/national headquarters will evaluate each award application. Their scores will be averaged for a final score.
- None of the Missouri State University Fraternity and Sorority Life staff will evaluate award applications.
- Each nominee is eligible to win only one award each year. Awards will be granted in
the following order:
- Fraternity/Sorority Member of the Year
- Outstanding IFC/NPHC/PHA Chapter President
- Outstanding Campus Leadership
- Outstanding Fraternity/Sorority Senior
- Outstanding Fraternity/Sorority Junior
- Outstanding Fraternity/Sorority Sophomore
- Outstanding Fraternity/Sorority Freshman
- Outstanding Community Engagement
- Living Your Values
- Applications will be available via BearLink on Thursday, December 1, 2022 and are due Sunday, January 29, 2023 by 11:59pm.
- Awards will be distributed at the FSL Awards Banquet.
- Reminder: If you are nominating some one else for an award, answer the prompts to the best of your ability, using he/him/his, she/her/hers, or they/them/theirs in place of you/your.
Award Question Templates:
- Academic Achievement
- Outstanding Philanthropic Efforts
- Commitment to Cultural Competence
- Outstanding Chapter Leadership
- Outstanding Membership Development
- Outstanding Risk Management
- Outstanding University Relations
- Chapter Advisor of the Year
- Faculty Advisor of the Year
- Living Your Values
- Excellence in Community Engagement
- Distinction in Campus Involvement
- Outstanding Chapter President (PHA)
- Outstanding Chapter President (IFC)
- Outstanding Chapter President (NPHC)
- Outstanding Sorority Freshman
- Outstanding Fraternity Freshman
- Outstanding Sorority Sophomore
- Outstanding Fraternity Sophomore
- Outstanding Sorority Junior
- Outstanding Fraternity Junior
- Outstanding Sorority Senior - Leaving Your Legacy
- Outstanding Fraternity Senior - Leaving Your Legacy
- Sorority Member of the Year
- Fraternity Member of the Year