Transfer Admission Requirements
Have you enrolled in a regionally accredited college or university following high school graduation (excluding the summer immediately after)? Then you'll enter Missouri State as a transfer student, regardless of the number of credit hours you've completed.
If you've earned 24 or more transferable credit hours following high school graduation, you will qualify for admission if you have a cumulative grade point average of 2.00 or higher on your transferable credit.
If you've earned fewer than 24 transferable credit hours following high school graduation, you must meet our freshman admission requirements. You will also be required to participate in SOAR, our freshman orientation program.
What do I need to apply?
- Start with our FREE online application for undergraduate admission. It's easy and only takes about 15 minutes to complete.
- Request all colleges and universities from which you have earned academic credit to send us your official transcript(s).
I don't meet the requirements. What are my options?
We'd be happy to consider you for admission through an individual review process. To begin this process, submit our supplemental application. Our admissions committee will then review your information and make a decision on your admission.
When should I apply?
You may apply for admission up to one year prior to transferring to Missouri State. While not required, applying early in your last semester at your current institution will help ensure that you have everything you need to make a successful transition.
- Transferring for Fall semester (starts in August) – admission application available as early as the previous August.
- Transferring for Spring semester (starts in January) – admission application available in late July.
- Transferring for Summer session (starts in June) – admission application available as early as the previous August.
Will my credits transfer?
We recommend checking out our course equivalency guide to see how your credits will transfer. There's also no limit on the number of credit hours you can transfer to Missouri State.
Have questions about your previous coursework? Contact us at Admissions@MissouriState.edu and we'd be happy to look into it further.
How can I check my admission status?
You may view your current admission status via your application status portal.
After I'm admitted, what do I do?
First, celebrate being a Bear! Second, review the admitted student checklist to make sure you're ready for your first semester at Missouri State.