We’ll give you a reason to smile: Your dental insurance is free at Missouri State.
Cost and coverage
The university pays the full cost for employee dental coverage. Employees may purchase family dental insurance for spouses and eligible dependents. The cost for family dental insurance is paid by the employee through payroll deduction.
2023/ 2024 Rates
|Coverage||University pays||Employee pays||Total cost|
|Employee + spouse||$43.12||$27.25||$70.37|
|Employee + child(ren)||$69.00||$21.22||$90.22|
|Employee + family||$82.63||$42.78||$125.41|
2023/ 2024 Services covered
2022 Benefits: Covered charges are based on usual, customary and reasonable billed rates and consist of four types of service:
- Type I/ Class A – Preventive Services, are paid at 100 percent with no deductible.
- Type II/ Class B – Basic Restorative Services, are paid at 80 percent with a $50 deductible.
- Type III/ Class C – Major Restorative and Prosthodontics Services, are paid at 50 percent with a $50 deductible.
- Type IV/ Class D – Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction (TMJ), are paid at 50 percent with a $50 deductible.
- Type V/ Class E- orthodontia and implants
2023/2024 Limits and exclusions
- Deductible for Classes B - D is $50 individual or $150 family
- Deductible for Class E is $50 individual or $150 family
- The university’s dental insurance plan will pay a maximum of $3,000 per covered person in a calendar year
- See plan document for full plan coverage and limitations
You may decline the university’s dental coverage. If you decline it for yourself, you are also declining coverage for your family members. Declining the dental coverage does not result in a payment or increase in your salary in lieu of coverage.
How to use this benefit
Make an appointment with an approved provider and they take care of the rest.
Enrolling and making changes
You must enroll, and select dependent coverage options, within 30 days of your start date. **Premiums are paid ahead monthly. Your coverage will start the first of the month following date of hire. (example: coverage starts 7/1 premium is due from June payroll)
Once enrolled, changes may only be made yearly during Open enrollment (November 1st - December 1st), or within 30 days of a qualifying event. Qualifying events include loss or gain of coverage (add/drop of like coverage) Marriage (add newly eligible dependents), divorce (drop non qualifying dependents), birth/adoption (add new dependent). For more information, contact human resources.
Dental Network: To find providers, call (877) 277-6872 or search the dental directory option on www.gehasolutions.com
Employees may use any provider but discounts are available through these network providers and additional dental providers as contracted by Med-Pay. See below for reference:
Direct Contract Providers
Med-Pay administers the dental program and handles claims. A dental claim form can help you obtain estimates or submit services for payment.