Complete your personalized wellness profile to receive a tailored health improvement plan and also save up to $360 on your health premiums in 2018!
We are pleased to announce that employees now have access to a personalized health improvement plan through the employee wellness program. Additionally, by creating a personalized health improvement plan and participating in other various wellness activities, employees can save $30/month on their Health Insurance Premium.
To create your personalized Wellness Profile this year, you will first need to complete an online Health Risk Assessment (HRA). The HRA is open for all eligible medical plan participants hired on or before September 1, 2017. Employee dependents are not eligible to participate in the HRA at this time.
If you complete the HRA, avoid tobacco usage (or make a plan to quit), and complete an additional qualifying activity, then you will be eligible to receive a $30/month Health Insurance Premium reduction. The HRA must be completed in order to receive any savings. The HRA is open for completion October 1st through December 1st, 2017. You may access the HRA through the “MyMissouriState” portal, “Profile” tab, “Wellness”. The link will not become available until October 1st.
Activities that qualify for Health Insurance Premium reduction are:
- Complete the HRA ($10/month).
- Avoid tobacco usage ($10/month). Employees who do not use tobacco will receive a $10/month premium reduction. Current tobacco users will not receive a $10/month premium reduction unless they begin a tobacco cessation program by December 31, 2017. Taylor Health offers a tobacco cessation program at no cost.
- Complete at least 1 of the following activities ($10/month):
- Biometric screening
- A biometric screening that includes measurement of physical characteristics such as height, weight, body mass index, blood pressure, blood cholesterol, and blood glucose. Biometric screenings are free at Taylor lab for eligible medical plan participants. Spouses and Sponsored Dependents, who have the University health coverage, can also get a free biometric screening. Spouses or sponsored dependents who have a biometric screening will not receive additional savings nor have access to the HRA at this time. If the employee completes a biometric screening, the employee will receive a $10/month premium reduction.
- Wellness exam with a physician, physician’s assistant or nurse practitioner.
- Obtain a hearing assessment.
- Obtain a dental exam.
- Obtain a vision exam.
- Obtain vaccination(s).
- Obtain a fitness assessment. (This service is offered through Foster Recreation Center and through the Kinesiology Department on campus.)
- Participate in Missouri State University Wellness programs offered through Taylor or Foster.
- Participate in a regular exercise or fitness program at home or in the community.
- Biometric screening
As an example, if you finish your Wellness Profile by:
- Completing your online HRA, and…
- Answer the tobacco usage question ‘No’ (or ‘Yes, and will begin a tobacco cessation program by December 31, 2017), and…
- Affirm you had a wellness exam with your physician, PA, or NP this year, or you had a flu vaccination,
then you will qualify for a $30/month premium reduction in your Health Insurance Premium, in 2018.
Premium deductions for 2018 will begin in December 2017.
For additional questions please contact BenHunt@missouristate.edu.