It’s clear: Vision insurance can help you see better, longer. We offer options for employees to purchase vision insurance.
Current Vision Plans
Employees have a choice between two plans, a Base Plan and a Premium Plan offered through VSP.
If you visit a VSP provider, you will have high quality care and great eye wear.
Cost and coverage
|Coverage||Base Plan||Buy-up Plan|
|Employee + Spouse||$14.95||$25.82|
|Employee + Children||$16.05||$27.73|
|Employee + Family||$23.85||$41.22|
VSP includes great coverage for a minimal co-payment:
- Exam: $10 copay with VSP provider for well-vision exam
- Frames: $25 copay with frame allowance
- $130 frame allowance every other calendar year on the Base plan
- $175 frame allowance very calendar year on the Premium plan
- Lenses: Included in Prescription Glasses every calendar year under both plan options
- Contacts (instead of glasses): $130 allowance under base plan; $175 allowance under Premium plan
- Diabetic Eyecare Plus Program - $20 as needed
- And other options and additional savings, see plan summary
How to use the benefit
Make an appointment with a VSP provider, and they will do the rest.
Enrolling and changing
You must enroll, and select dependent coverage options, within 30 days of your start date.
Once enrolled changes may only be made yearly during Open enrollment, or within 30 days of a qualifying event. Qualifying events include loss or gain of coverage (add/drop of like coverage) Marriage (add newly eligible dependents), divorce (drop non qualifying dependents), birth/adoption (add new dependent). For more information, contact human resources.
VSP is paperless and does not issue ID cards.
VSP participating providers have access to directly to VSP’s system and will file claims on your behalf.
If you visit an out-of-network provider, visit VSP under the benefits and claims section to start the process for filing a claim. You may also contact customer service at 800-877-7195.
Forms and publications
- Diabetic Eyecare Plus Program
- TruHearing hearing aid
- VSP Summary
- Plan Document