Transferring Credit Earned in High School

Bringing college credit with you to MSU

Missouri State recognizes several credit by exam programs and grants credit for certain military experiences, dual credit programs and college courses taken at regionally accredited colleges or universities.

How dual credit transfers

Want to know how your college credit earned through dual credit will transfer? View our handy course equivalency guides to see how classes compare between Missouri State and selected institutions. 

Submitting your transcript

We need your official transcripts from each college – in addition to your high school transcript – before your transfer credit evaluation will be complete.

Request that your official transcript be sent to:

Admissions Office 
Missouri State University 
901 S. National Ave. 
Springfield, MO  65897

If you earned college credit through the Missouri State dual credit program, you do not need to request a transcript. Your credit will already be on your Missouri State record, and your advisor will have that information when you come to SOAR (Student Orientation, Advisement and Registration).

See our transfer credit policy for details.

Credit by exam

College credit earned through credit by exam programs may count toward degree requirements and allow you to take advanced courses earlier. We recognize the following programs:

Military credit and credit by examination courses do not carry a letter grade and do not impact your GPA.

We cannot transfer credit from another college or university for a credit by exam course. You must request that original score reports from your credit by exams be sent directly to the office of admissions at Missouri State.