Professional Development Opportunities
Crafting Instructional Videos with Camtasia: Best Practices Make for Better Content
Facilitator: Eric Taylor
Are you interested in learning how to use Camtasia to create instructional videos? Join Eric Taylor with the FCTL where he will share best practices and strategies for crafting high-production value content. This session will include editing, mastering and project management, and exploring the different ways faculty are using Camtasia to enhance pedagogy.
Both in-person and virtual sessions will be offered. Links to virtual sessions will be provided prior to meeting.
- Monday, October 3: 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm Virtual
- Wednesday, October 5: 10:00 am - 11:00 am Virtual
- Tuesday, October 11: 10:30-11:30 Meyer Library, Room 206
- Thursday, October 13: 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm Virtual
- Wednesday, October 19: 11:00 am - 12:00 pm Virtual
- Thursday, October 20: 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm Virtual
- Monday, October 24: 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm Meyer Library, Room 206
- Friday, October 28: 11:00 am - 12:00 pm Meyer Library, Room 206
Register through MyLearning Connection.
Magna Professional Development Opportunities
Are You Interested in Participating in an Online Seminar Directly from Your Office?
MSU has an institutional license to the following on-demand resources.
- The Teaching Professor– access great articles and practical, evidence-based insights on strategies for creating a better learning environment. This online newsletter has been a trusted guide for educators for more than 30 years. Editor Dr. Maryellen Weimer has over 25 years of experience in college teaching. She has authored a number of books and is a highly-regarded proponent of effective teaching practices.
- Magna Commons– a content library of on-demand versions of many of Magna’s most popular Magna Online Seminars, covering a broad range of topics of interest to faculty and administrators.
- 20-Minute Mentor– a content library of on-demand versions of Magna’s popular 20-Minute Mentor programs, covering a broad range of faculty development topics.(See below).
Access these resources by activating your Magna subscription through the Academic Community located in Blackboard. Select the Academic Community from the Community tab in Blackboard, and from the Academic Community’s main menu, select Magna Subscriptions located under Professional Learning. Follow the instructions provided to activate your subscription.
MSU has a license to the Magna Commons library which provides on-demand professional development on a variety of topics. These programs are available at no cost to you and include a variety of topics like online teaching, active learning, grading and feedback, classroom inclusion, and others.
You can activate your account by going to the Magna Subscription link in the Blackboard Academic Community. If you have questions about how to activate your account, contact the FCTL@MissouriState.edu
Below are descriptions to programs that you can easily watch in an hour. Schedule lunch with Magna and discover some new practical ideas that you can easily incorporate into your classroom.
Self-Care Resources for Faculty
This Faculty Resource webpage is a collection of self-care resources and advice on teaching during times of uncertainty.