Instructional Design Support
Want to engage and motivate students in the learning process?
Instructional Designers in the Faculty Center for Teaching and Learning can assist with course design across all modalities; face-to-face, technology enhanced, and online.
We are here to support you in the creation, facilitation, and evaluation of effective and engaging instructional approaches that result in meaningful learning experiences for your students.
Working with an FCTL Instructional Designer can help you with:
- Using instructional technologies that enhance student learning
- Engaging students with high-impact learning practices
- Developing and revising online courses or degree programs
- Mastering effective online teaching strategies
- Universal Design for Learning (UDL)
- Creating accessible course materials
- Culturally responsive teaching
- Deterring plagiarism and cheating
- Using Open Educational Resources (OER's)
- Assessment strategies that measure learning outcomes in meaningful ways
- Best practices for student success
Want to know more? Contact the FCTL email@example.com and request a meeting with an Instructional Designer to discuss any of these topics and your goals for the design of the courses you are teaching.
Meyer Library 204C
Greetings, I am the Senior Instructional Designer for the Faculty Center for Teaching and Learning.
I have been with Missouri State University since fall of 2014. My area of expertise includes adult learning strategies, online course development and delivery, and educational technology. I have a M.Ed. in Educational Technology from Drury University, an Ed.S. in Instructional Technology from Walden University, and in process of my Ed.D. in Higher Education and Adult Learning at Walden University.
Meyer Library 204E
My name is Eric Taylor, Instructional Designer for the FCTL. My area of specialty is educational technology. I am a multi-generational MSU alum, earning my B.S. in Electronic Arts, and my M.S.Ed. in Educational Technology. I was born and raised here in Springfield, and I love the Ozarks. If you have a minute, feel free to get to know me a little better by watching my intro video.