Ad Team is a for-credit, selective course for students interested in pursuing careers in the marketing field. Students from all majors are welcome to apply.
Experiential learning is at the forefront of each and every class period and assignment in this course. By nature, MKT 480 (Advertising Campaigns) is a student-driven, hands-on experience that provides students an opportunity to work closely with a real client who expects campaign implementation and data-driven results.
Students interview for and are assigned roles commonly found in advertising agencies in order to build their strengths in a specific job function. The scope of the projects completed ensure that they must work as a team and develop skills outside of assigned roles in order to succeed.
Ad Team enjoys a legacy of success that includes multiple first-place finishes in national competitions
Students work with real-world clients on campaigns meant for implementation - based on client needs, the team may launch a campaign during the semester or see their work implemented upon completion
Students build real, practical skills to apply to the workplace and team members have access to a network of Ad Team alumni for career tips, networking, and references
The Spring 2021 Ad Team application is due Friday, December 4, 2020 by 5 p.m. Deliver to Ad Team instructor, Samantha Francka, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Ad Team Application." Email Samantha with any questions prior to the deadline.
Your application packet should include a:
- Creative letter, including:
- What you contribute to the team - skills, personality, connections - what and who you know that could be an asset to the team
- Your work and class load/schedule for the spring
- Bottom line, what you bring to the table - make it interesting, conversational, and show me your personality
- Updated resume, including contact information
- Digital self-promotion piece:
- Optional, but highly recommended and always fun - this shows your level of interest and creativity while persuading me that you belong on Ad Team