Our total costs are lower than most other universities in the state and well below the national average. We invite you to compare.
Undergraduate Tuition, Costs and Fees
The following table provides typical basic costs for an undergraduate student living on campus during the 2019-20 academic year (fall and spring semesters combined).
|Missouri resident||Non-Missouri resident|
|Tuition and fees (30 credit hours)||$7,588||$7,588|
|Housing and meals (average)||$9,128||$9,128|
|Books and supplies||$1,288||$1,288|
* You may qualify for an out-of-state tuition waiver to cover this amount.
You should also plan for your personal expenses. The office of student financial aid establishes a cost of attendance that is used in making financial aid awards. It includes the above costs and an estimate for personal expenses.
- The figures provided are estimates for planning purposes only and are subject to change. These estimates do not represent your final cost at Missouri State; actual expenses vary by student, based on credit hours, academic program, lifestyle and other factors.
- Selected courses require an enrollment fee per credit hour. These fees are assessed of all students who take the courses, not just students whose majors are in the college or department.
- Many financial aid opportunities have unique deadlines, some as early as Dec 1. You must apply for admission, be admissible and meet scholarship requirements by the deadline to qualify for consideration.
- International students should review international costs.
While courses taught online have a higher tuition rate, students may pay a lower total price because of savings on transportation and student fees.
- Some courses have a supplemental fee to cover the cost of materials, supplies or other expenses directly related to the delivery of the course.
- Student teaching fees apply for teacher candidates.
- The Board of Governors approves the fee schedule, which includes all tuition and fee rates.