Awarding outstanding students
The department of religious studies and its many supporters provide opportunities for you to receive financial assistance to support your studies at Missouri State University. In fact, the religious studies department has almost a dozen scholarships. For 2020-2021 academic year, we awarded a record $26,000 in scholarships to Religious Studies students!
Scholarship Application Help Sheet for 2022-2023:
Please click on our Scholarship Application Help Sheet for tips in completing your application. Some students prefer not to complete the entire application, but rather only the sections pertinent to Religious Studies scholarships. The last section of the tip sheet specifies those sections and requirements for Religious Studies scholarships.
Remember, you may apply for a scholarship beginning November 1, 2021, and the deadline for scholarship applications is March 1, 2022.
Other aid opportunities
You may qualify for University scholarships. The Office of Financial Aid provides information about University scholarships, grants and loans. Most scholarships at Missouri State University, including those designated for religious studies students, require the submission of a completed Missouri State scholarship application. Details about additional materials are included in the descriptions below.
In addition to departmental scholarships, there are also college scholarships available for undergraduate and graduate students. These include:
Please note that religious studies scholarship applicants are asked to submit:
- Two letters of recommendation, with a preference for letters from religious studies faculty. You will enter the name and email address of recommenders in Scholarship Manager, contacting them to ask permission first, and the system will then send an email invitation to submit an online letter of recommendation.
- A 900 word personal statement. Your personal statement can be written beforehand and pasted into Scholarship Manager. It should include a summary of your merit and achievements in areas such as scholarship, departmental and campus activities, community service and leadership. You should also include descriptions of any life or work experiences that enhance your potential, as well as a discussion of professional goals and plans after graduation.
Community Foundation of the Ozarks scholarships
In addition to funds available through the Scholarship Manager system, consider applying for the James P. Robinson Scholarship!
- This Scholarship (usually around $850-$1000) is available through the Community Foundation of the Ozarks scholarship portal.
- It will be open from February 1 through March 14, 2022.
- In order to qualify, you must have an overall GPA of 3.0 and either have taken or be currently enrolled in REL 131 or REL 332, with 12 hours of college course work (3 hours in REL) completed.
Be sure to check out the other scholarships offered by the CFO that might be available to you!