Guiding your academic path
The faculty in the languages, cultures and religions department is committed to helping you plan and schedule your courses to successfully fulfill university requirements and to achieve your academic and career goals. To ensure that you are on-track with your studies, plan to meet with your academic advisor at least once a semester.
Once you have been assigned an advisor, you can contact him or her directly to schedule appointments for advising. If you have completed fewer than 60 hours, you are required to speak with and receive your advisor’s release to register for classes.
If you are pursuing a master’s degree in religious studies, contact Dr. Mark Given, program director, for advising assistance. You must receive advisor release prior to registering for each semester of graduate study.
Information and forms for religious studies advisors and students
- Schedule and Checklist
- REL-Gen Ed Worksheet (.pdf) (new Gen Ed program)
- General education worksheet (.pdf) (old Gen Ed program)
- Exit Interview form - for student to complete (.docx)
- Exit Interview form - for faculty to complete (.docx)
- Independent study application (.docx)
- M.A. Student Handbook (.pdf)
- Application for Independent Study (.docx)
- M.A. Advisor Approved Program of Study Form (.docx)
- M.A. Students Advisory Committee form (.pdf)
- M.A. Portfolio Template (.docx)