Policies and Procedures
- Go to Bear Access Login on the DRC home page (www.missouristate.edu/disability).
- Login to Bear Access with the same username and password as you do your Missouri State email account.
- If this is the first time that you have signed into your account for the term, you will need to review and electronically sign any E-Forms that pertain to your accommodations. Click on any of the E-Form titles and all of them will expand on your screen. Please read the E-Forms carefully and sign at the bottom of the page
- On your Dashboard screen, scroll down until you see the box labeled “Select Accommodations for Your Class.”
- All of your classes should be listed in the box labeled “Step 1: Select Class(es).”
- If your classes are not listed, please contact the Disability Resource Center so that we can help to troubleshoot your account.
- Check the boxes next to the classes that you would like to request accommodations for.
- You can always come back and request accommodations for additional classes at a later time if you would like to see how things go first.
- Click on the button labeled “Step 2- Continue to Customize Your Accommodations.”
- You will now see a page with details for each of the classes that you selected for
- DO NOT mark the check box in the yellow box for a class with the “Wrong CRN”
- Please select the check boxes next to the accommodations that you would like to request for each class.
- You do not need to request all accommodations in every class. For example, you may determine that in a course that is primarily discussion based you do not need note taking, but do want to use testing accommodations.
- Once you have requested the appropriate accommodations for each class, please click on the button labeled “Submit Your Accommodation Requests.”
- After you have submitted your accommodation requests, your Faculty Notification letters will be automatically sent through email to your instructors. If you would prefer to notify instructors yourself, please contact your Access Advisor and they can change the setting in your profile to only notify instructors through printed letters.
MODIFYING YOUR ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS
- Scroll down your dashboard page until you see the accommodation requests that you have submitted.
- In the gray bar that includes the class number and title, there is a link on the right side that says “Modify Request.” Click on it.
- Add or remove accommodations as needed from the list, and then click on the “Update Request” button.
All accommodated exams not being administered by your instructor will be scheduled through the University Testing Center.
Ask your instructor if they can provide the exam accommodations. Instructors are better able to answer questions during an exam (as they would during a regular class exam). Also, instructors are able to collect the exam from you immediately when you finish rather than waiting for the Testing Center to return the completed exam to them. If your instructor is unable to provide your exam accommodations, then you will need to schedule it with the Testing Center. AT LEAST SEVEN DAYS (168 hours) PRIOR TO YOUR EXAMS, go to Schedule an Exam on the Testing Center website.
- BEST PRACTICE
- Many of your instructors list all of their exam dates on their syllabus, including your final. Select Schedule an Exam and input all of your exam dates, including your final.
- If the exam date you submitted changes, it is your responsibility to inform the Testing Center of the change. Email as soon as possible to TestingCenter@MissouriState.edu and provide the new date of your exam. If you wait too long to inform them of the change in date, you run the risk of not receiving your accommodations for the exam due to lack of notice.
- BEST PRACTICE
- VERY IMPORTANT! You must schedule with at least one week’s notice (168 hours) to be scheduled for an exam. Please note: If you do not give proper notice, your exam request will be denied. Please see the Testing Center's website for a full explanation of exam policies.
- When should I plan to take my exam?
- You should take your exams at the same date and time as your class, when possible. The exam policies explain exceptions to this rule, and any alternative dates/times should be discussed and agreed upon by the instructor before scheduling your exam.
- Please see the Testing Center's website for the hours when you can take your exam. All exams must begin in enough time to finish by the time the Testing Center closes for the day.
CONTINUED SUPPORT, REQUESTING/EDITING ACCOMMODATIONS
1. Our office is here to provide advising, support, and guidance as you collaborate with your instructors to implement your accommodations. Please email (DRC@MissouriState.edu) or call (417-836-4192) with questions, concerns, or to schedule an appointment with your advisor to request additional accommodations.
If you would like to discuss a decision made by DRC staff, please contact the Disability Resource Center at 417-836-4192 and schedule an appointment with the Director.
If you wish to appeal the decision of the Director, you are welcome to contact the Office of Institutional Equity and Compliance at Missouri State University, 417-836-4252, to file an appeal.
- For statements regarding our policies and procedures, the rights and responsibilities of students with disabilities, and the rights and responsibilities of the University and its faculty, please see www.missouristate.edu/disability.
- For other inquiries concerning the grievance procedure, or to file a complaint based on discrimination, please contact the Office of Institutional Equity and Compliance (OIEC). You may schedule an appointment with OIEC by calling 417-836-4252 or emailing Equity@MissouriState.edu.