This policy describes scholarships available to transfer students who enter MSU-Springfield in fall 2019 or spring 2020. Students admitted for previous semesters should visit the How Do I Keep My Financial Aid page.
Review scholarships available to students who enter in summer 2020 or beyond.
The following apply to all transfer scholarships unless otherwise indicated.
- Recipients must be transfer students from community colleges in the United States or MSU-West Plains.*
- Qualifying transfer credits must be completed following high school graduation and prior to enrollment at MSU.
- Students must not have enrolled at another four-year college or university following graduation from high school.*
- Students must apply for admission by the deadline specified for each scholarship and must be admitted.
- Scholarships can only be combined as noted. The combined value cannot exceed a total of $4,500 per year. The value of out-of-state tuition waivers is not counted toward this maximum.
- Transfer scholarships are renewable for one year only (total of four semesters) with the exception of the Out-of-State Tuition Waiver, Midwest Student Exchange Program, and Continue the Tradition Fee Waiver.
- It is our intent to award scholarships that show the number available as “Varies” to all qualified students; however, offers may be limited based on availability of funding. For this reason, students are encouraged to apply early.
- Students must enroll at MSU the semester after leaving the other college and must be full-time at MSU.
- Be lawfully present in the United States.
Scholarship Enrollment and Renewal Standards also apply to recipients of transfer scholarships.
*These requirements do not apply to the Out-of-State Tuition Waiver, Midwest Student Exchange Program, and Continue the Tradition Fee Waiver.
Note for transfer students from MSU-West Plains: Selected MSU-West Plains scholarships (i.e., Board of Governors, Chancellor’s, and Deans’) offered by the West Plains campus are transferable to the Springfield campus by students who meet West Plains renewal criteria. Students will receive the Springfield campus value for the corresponding scholarship (Board of Governors, Provost, and Deans’, respectively). These scholarships can be combined with other MSU-Springfield campus scholarships to a combined maximum value of $4,500 per year, as well as with any of the out of state tuition waivers below.