Thank you for your interest in Summer Visit Day. Registration for the July 22 event is now closed. Individuals who registered will receive a confirmation email with additional information based on the schedule below. Please utilize this schedule to help plan your day on campus.
Summer Visit Day
Summer Visit Day Schedule
9:30 – 10:20 a.m.
Plaster Student Union, inside northwest entrance
Shuttle tours of campus
9:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Plaster Student Union, north entrance shuttle stop
Campus shuttle tours will provide you with a unique view of campus while you get the Missouri State story as it can only be told by our students. Please allow approximately 30 minutes for tours. The last shuttle departs at 12:00 p.m.
Walking tours of campus (multiple times available)
9:30 a.m. or
Meet at bronze bear statue north of the Plaster Student Union
See yourself at Missouri State by taking a walking campus tour with a current student. Please allow 30-45 minutes for the complete tour.
Admission presentations (multiple times available)
10:30 – 11:15 a.m. or
11:30 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. or
12:30 – 1:15 p.m.
Plaster Student Union Theater (second floor)
Learn the basics of admission, financial aid, and housing at Missouri State. These presentations are identical in content, just offered at three different times.
Meet the faculty
10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Plaster Student Union Ballroom (third floor)
Our academic colleges will have faculty available to answer your questions. Also, visit with Career Services, Financial Aid, and Residence Life.
Residence hall tours
10:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Tours available at most residence halls
See the different residence hall room layouts and building amenities.
Apply to be a Bear
12:45 – 2:45 p.m.
Office of Student Engagement (Plaster Student Union first floor)
Admissions staff will be available to assist students wanting to apply online for admission to Missouri State.
Real-world engagement experiences
12:45 – 2:45 p.m.
Individualize your Summer Visit Day by experiencing the following engagement opportunities. Record your attendance at these experiences in a passport to be exchanged for MSU merchandise!
- Apply online for Admission to Missouri State University.
Plaster Student Union, 1st-floor computer lab between 12:45 – 2:45 p.m.
- Participate in the Hospitality & Restaurant Administration S.T.A.R.S Game. Learn how to beat the competition to make more revenue for your hotel from “behind the front desk”.
Pummill Hall 402 at 12:45, 1:30, and 2:15 p.m.
- Be a film critic and check out impressive short films created by Missouri State students.
Plaster Student Union Theater at 1:30 and 2:15 p.m.
- Learn how a Study Away experience in a different country can influence your college experience. Current students share their insights and experiences.
Plaster Student Union 314BC at 12:45, 1:30, and 2:15 p.m.
- Experience the transformation of education from our One Room Schoolhouse to the Greenwood Laboratory School and how students in the MSU College of Education benefit from both.
One Room School House at 12:45, 1:30, and 2:15 p.m.
- Watch members from our School of Agriculture prepare one of the University’s show cows for the State Fair.
Outside Karls Hall at 12:45, 1:30, and 2:15 p.m.
- Athletic trainers demonstrate concussion and movement assessments and how to stabilize an injured athlete.
Plaster Student Union 315 at 12:45, 1:30, and 2:15 p.m.
- The Osage Traveling Trunk is a collaboration between students in the sociology and anthropology department, anthropology professor Dr. Elizabeth Sobel, and the Osage Nation of Oklahoma. The trunk combines Osage cultural items with educational materials and is available for regional schools and other organizations to utilize for their cultural enrichment. Plaster Student Union 312 B&C at 12:45, 1:30, and 2:15 p.m.
Math: Using some common geometry and algebra ideas, you can do some pretty impressive mental calculations. Join the mathematics education faculty to learn some techniques to wow your friends and family. Plaster Student Union 313 at 12:45, 1:30, and 2:15 p.m.