We are glad that you’re planning to return to Missouri State. The following is for students planning to complete an undergraduate degree. Graduate students should refer to the Graduate College readmission information.

Applying for readmission

If you will return within one year, you do not need to be readmitted. For example, if you attended during a fall semester and did not enroll for the following spring or summer but wish to return in the fall, you may register as if you were a current student.

If you will return after an absence of one year or more, apply for readmission. There is no fee. If you have attended other colleges since leaving Missouri State, you will need to indicate that and request your transcripts. You will be notified when you have been readmitted.

If you were suspended after your last semester at Missouri State, follow the procedures for reinstatement.

Accessing your account

You can review your transcript, degree audit, and other information at My Missouri State. If you do not remember your BearPass Login and password, call the Computer Services Help Desk at 417-836-5891.

Applying for financial aid

Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. After you are readmitted and your FAFSA is complete, you will receive an award letter notification from the Financial Aid Office. Under new financial aid regulations, you may use tax returns from the prior year when submitting the FAFSA. You may use up to $200 in aid for future semesters to cover remaining balances from previous semesters.

Meeting with your advisor

If you are returning to complete the major and degree you were pursuing when you last attended, check your Registration Status page on My Missouri State (choose the Registration tab and look under the My Registration heading). If your advisor is not listed or is unavailable, then check the website of the department of your major for advisement and contact information.

If you are unsure of what major you want to pursue upon your return, please contact the Academic Advising and Transfer Center at 417-836-5258. They can help you to explore options, including the Bachelor of General Studies degree for students who have completed 75 or more credit hours.

Registering for classes

After you have been readmitted, you may register with current students. Begin by checking your registration status page on the Registration tab of My Missouri State for the steps you must take to be cleared to register.

Readmission checklist
  • Apply for readmission
  • (If needed) Request transcript(s) from colleges attended since leaving Missouri State
  • Submit the FAFSA
  • Check your registration status page on My Missouri State (Registration tab)
  • Arrange an appointment with your advisor if required
  • Register for classes
  • Obtain a BearPass Card if you do not have your previous one

For additional information

If you have questions or need additional information about the readmission process, please contact the appropriate office. If you are not sure which office can best assist you, please call the Office of Enrollment Services at 417-836-5521. You may also email your questions to