There are three Missouri Educator Gateway Assessments: the Paraprofessional exam, the Missouri Educator Profile (MEP), and the Missouri General Education Assessment (MoGEA). The deadline for registration for all MEGA administrations is no later than 2 business days prior to the desired exam date. You must have registered for the exam in advance and provide proof of payment for the sitting fee, if required, when you arrive for the exam. A valid photo ID is also required. If you cannot meet all three of these conditions, you will not be able to sit for the exam.
- This internet-based exam consists of 90 multiple-choice questions, given over 2 hours and 15 minutes. Appointments are required, year round, available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- This exam is offered on the test dates listed in the table below.
- A sitting fee of $30 is required for this exam, payable through our online payment system. Choose the MoGEA Paraprofessional option.
Missouri Educator Profile (MEP)
This is an assessment conducted entirely online, and not used for admission to a program. It is a survey, and can be taken at your convenience from any computer connected to the internet. We do not offer this at the Testing Center.
Missouri General Education Assessment (MoGEA)
This test replaces the C-Base exam and may be taken in lieu of an acceptable ACT score for all BSED and BME teacher education candidates. As of July 1, 2019, students entering the teacher certification program at Missouri State University can use either a composite score of 20 or better on the ACT OR a passing score on all four subtests of the MoGEA.Complete MoGEA testing information can be found on the Professional Education Certification website.
Test dates and locations
All MEGA adminisitration sessions open at 9 AM and close at 2 PM. Individual test times within the session may vary; please refer to your exam confirmation for exact times.
All MEGA administration sessions are administered at the University Testing Center, Meyer Library, Lower Level, Room 010.
|July 2020||July 10|
- Examinees may take the MoGEA in its entirety or in individual sections; the Paraprofessional is a single exam.
- Payment for these exams:
- Step 1: Register online via the MoGEA website for the exam. Select the "Register" tab at the top of the page, and create an account to register. The fee is $59 if you are taking the entire battery of four exams or $25 for each sub-test.
- As of July 1, 2019, a sitting fee is no longer required for the MoGEA.
- Step 1: Register online via the MoGEA website for the exam. Select the "Register" tab at the top of the page, and create an account to register. The fee is $41 to purchase the exam.
- As of July 1, 2019, a sitting fee is no longer required for the Paraprofessional exam.
If you miss your test date and must register again, contact customer service at 413-256-7015, select option 9. Customer service will advise you how to proceed.
What to bring to the exam:
- Identification: You must bring proper identification with you to the Testing Center. Your identification must be a current, government-issued identification printed in English, in the name in which you registered, bearing your photograph and signature. Copies will not be accepted. Acceptable forms of government-issued identification include photo-bearing driver's licenses and passports. The Department of Motor Vehicles provides acceptable photo-bearing identification cards for individuals who do not have a driver's license. Student IDs are not allowed.
- Proof of Payment: You must bring either a PRINTED copy of your sitting fee receipt (if required) or be able to show it on your phone or other personal device.
What NOT to bring to the exam:
Cell phones are strictly prohibited from the testing center.
- A calculator - NOTE: An on-screen 4-function calculator and a formulas page are provided for the Mathematics sub-test.
- Tobacco products of any kind.
- Visitors (for example, relatives, children, and friends).
- Weapons of any kind.
- Personal items, such as watches, wallets, and purses, will be stored in a designated area.
- The following items, considered prohibited aids, will be stored in a designated area:
- Electronic communication devices, visual or audio recording or listening devices, or any device with an on/off option, including, but not limited to, MP3 players, PDAs, pagers, computers, CDs, removable storage devices, calculator watches, clocks or watches with alarms, spellcheckers, etc.
- Unauthorized calculators and calculator manuals.
- Handwritten or printed materials, such as dictionaries, notebooks, scratch paper, textbooks, etc.
- Packages and bags of any kind, such a backpacks, briefcases, etc.
- Hats or head-wear; except those worn for religious or medical purposes.
- Food and drink, including chewing gum.
- Unauthorized aids, such as slide rules, rulers, translation aids, highlighters, etc.
- Unauthorized medical devices, such as inhalers, Epinephrine injections, etc., unless prior approval has been obtained.
- MoGEA passing scores are set by the Missouri State Board of Education; examinees must pass all four subtests. Score reports are released according to a schedule posted on the MoGEA website.
- Paraprofessional passing scores are set by Missouri State Board of Education; the current passing score is 220. Score reports are released within 3 weeks of testing.
- Individual educational institutions may establish their own passing scores, which could be higher than those set by the Missouri State Board of Education. Examinees are encouraged to contact their respective institution to determine scores needed for passing. NOTE: Passing scores are provided for informational purposes only and are subject to change. Please contact the Missouri State Board of Education for additional information.
Contact the testing company to request test accommodations.
Contact the Testing Center at 417-836-6417-if you have any questions.