What you need to know before coming to the Testing Center
- Our busiest times are Friday afternoons between 12 PM and 6 PM, followed by Thursdays between 12 PM - 9 PM. If you are planning to take a walk-in exam, you may wish to avoid these times. Our least busy times are Sundays between 12 PM - 9 PM, followed by Saturdays between 9 AM - 6 PM and Monday mornings between 8 AM - 12 PM. Afternoons between 12 PM and 6 PM are in general our busiest times on any given day other than Sunday.
- All exams must be completed no later than 15 minutes prior to the posted closing time. This means you must have submitted your exam (if online) or turned in your exam paper by 15 minutes prior to the posted closing time for that day.
- Timed exams must be started with sufficient time remaining before closing to allow the ENTIRE allotted exam time. For example, a Major Field Test is allowed up to 2 hours for completion. Anyone taking a Major Field Test must arrive no later than 2 hours prior to our posted exam "stop" time. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- All exams require a valid (non-expired) photo ID, no exceptions. Please check your ID to be sure it is valid and meets the requirements of your exam. A BearPass ID is acceptable for Missouri State academic exams, but other exams may have other requirements. It's your responsibliity as a test candidate to know the requirements for your exam.
- Check your exam instructions provided by your instructor. Most paper-based exams require advance registration, while most computer-based exams for Missouri State academic exams do not.
- Check our operating hours to be sure we are open - we make every effort to avoid last minute changes in schedule, but sometimes it can't be helped.
- Make sure you arrive in enough time to complete your exam in the time allowed by your instructor. If your instructor has scheduled an exam to be up to 2 hours in length, you need to arrive at least two hours prior to closing. Closing times are strictly observed, and exams are generally not permitted to start within one hour of closing.
- If you are coming from off-campus, please review the campus map for both parking availability and the location of Meyer Library.
- Check our Contact Us page for a floorplan of the Lower Level of Meyer Library and our location in it to help you find us in advance.
Questions or concerns?
Contact the Testing Center Coordinator at SueMcCrory@MissouriState.edu or by phone at 417-836-6120.