Know Before You Go
What you need to know before coming to the Testing Center
- Our busiest times are Friday afternoons between 12 PM and 6 PM, followed by Thursdays between 12 PM - 9 PM. If you are scheduling an exam, you may wish to avoid these times. Our least busy times are Sundays between 12 PM - 9 PM, followed by Saturdays between 9 AM - 6 PM and Monday mornings between 8 AM - 12 PM. Afternoons between 12 PM and 6 PM are in general our busiest times on any given day other than Sunday.
- Review the information page for the type of exam you are taking, listed under the Exams Offered tab.
- Review the Parking information for campus, especially if you do not have a parking tag. Note that you are responsible for ensuring you park legally and with sufficient time to take your exam; you cannot leave the testing center to extend metered parking during your exam.
- All exams must be completed no later than 15 minutes prior to the posted closing time. This means you must have submitted your exam (if online) or turned in your exam paper by 15 minutes prior to the posted closing time for that day.
- The appointment system will not allow you to schedule an exam that will go past our closing time.
- The appointment system will not allow you to schedule an exam for a date or time outside of that allowed by your professor.
- All exams require a valid (non-expired) photo ID, no exceptions. Please check your ID to be sure it is valid and meets the requirements of your exam. A BearPass ID is acceptable for Missouri State academic exams, but other exams may have other requirements. It's your responsiblity as a test candidate to know the requirements for your exam.
- Check your exam instructions provided by your instructor. All exams require advance registration; while we have a very limited number of "walk-in" appointments available for emergencies, those still require an appointment either in advance or when you arrive.
- Check our operating hours to be sure we are open - we make every effort to avoid last minute changes in schedule, but sometimes it can't be helped.
- Make sure you arrive in enough time to complete your exam in the time allowed by your instructor. If you are late, you may be required to sign a "time forfeiture" form indicating you will not get your entire exam time due to your late arrival.
- Closing times are strictly observed, and exams are generally not permitted to start within one hour of closing.
- If you are coming from off-campus, please review the campus map for both parking availability and the location of Meyer Library.
- Check our Contact Us page for a floor plan of the Lower Level of Meyer Library and our location in it to help you find us in advance.
Questions or concerns?
Contact the Testing Center Coordinator at SueMcCrory@MissouriState.edu or by phone at 417-836-6120.