What to do if... you've been sexually harassed:
- Tell the harasser assertively that you do not like the behavior and expect it to stop.
- Consider sending a letter that tells the harasser to stop. The letter should give details about the behavior or incidents that you find offensive, your reactions to them and what you want to happen.
- If you confront the harasser face to face, ask a friend to join you. Do not feel that you need to be modest about embarrassing the harasser- it is your rights that have been violated.
- Do not feel guilty. You did not cause the harassment, and you are not responsible for it.
- Write down what happened- who, when, where, what was said or done, witnesses, etc. Be as specific as possible.
- Report the harassment to the University Title IX coordinator, Jill Patterson, Carrington Hall 205, 417-836-8506; the associate dean of students, Plaster Student Union 405, 417-836-6937; or other school officials.
Visit the Missouri State Title IX Resources website.