Our AACSB-accredited Master of Accountancy program allows you to complete classes at your convenience – seated or online – and requires 30 credit hours, or 10 courses, to complete the program.
If your undergraduate degree was not earned in accounting, you may need to complete additional prerequisite courses.
Our Graduate Programs Office can conduct a transcript analysis to determine which prerequisite courses may be required.
The online option has the same admission and program requirements as the traditional option. Admission requirements are listed below.
Admission - Traditional MAcc
Admission to the MAcc program is competitive. The student must have received an undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Overall GPA of at least 3.00 and 3.00 in upper-division accounting courses.
- A competitive score on the GMAT (no other test accepted). Students with a GPA of at least 3.25 from an AACSB accredited school may waive the GMAT requirement.
- Applicants whose native language is not English must submit scores on the internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). A total score of at least 90 is required, along with the following minimum scores in the component parts:
- Reading: 15;
- Listening: 15;
- Speaking: 18;
- Writing: 17.
- Applicants must have completed appropriate prerequisites as determined by the MAcc Program Director. Normally, recently completed courses that include the study of FASB standards, AICPA Statements on Auditing standards, PCAOB Auditing standards, and IRS code will meet some prerequisite requirements. Applicants who need to complete prerequisite courses must complete them before starting graduate courses.
- Applicants who do not meet the normal admission requirements, but who show an indication of high promise, may be considered for admission by the Program Director.
- All other University and Graduate College requirements for admission to a degree program will also apply.
For more information
Please contact the COB Graduate Programs Office at COBGraduatePrograms@MissouriState.edu or call 417-836-5616.