Missouri Health Care for All Internship
Missouri Health Care for All
Springfield Grassroots Organizing Intern
Missouri Health Care for All, a non-partisan, faith and community-based grassroots movement committed to securing access to affordable, high-quality health care for all Missourians is seeking interns to move our mission forward in the Springfield area.
Location: This person will work from our casual, friendly office in Springfield, based in National Avenue Christian Church – located one mile south of Missouri State University. Springfield interns will work closely with our Deputy Director, based in Springfield. There will be the opportunity for regional and statewide travel as part of our legislative work and professional development.
About the Organization: Missouri Health Care for All was founded on the principle that every Missourian deserves access to quality affordable health care. We work with faith communities, community groups, people who need health care, and grassroots supporters statewide to make these principles a reality. Currently, our issues include: increasing access to insurance, preventing cuts to current services, non-emergency medical transportation, strengthening consumer protections, and building a strong and sustainable movement.
We have a staff of six full-time individuals plus dedicated volunteers, interns and organizing fellows, with offices in St. Louis, Springfield, Joplin, Jefferson City, and Dexter. To learn more about our work, please visit www.missourihealthcareforall.org.
About the Internship: This position involves grassroots organizing and office administration work. The selected candidate will work closely with our Deputy Director, who brings 10 years of health advocacy, organizing, and nonprofit work with her. This position is ideal for anyone with a passion or interest in access to health care, grassroots organizing, personal stories, and the political process. We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented, passionate and personable candidate who is eager to learn and strengthen the work of our growing organization.
- Identify and interview supporters with health care stories.
- Recruit and mobilize individual supporters in the greater Springfield region and in support of our statewide efforts.
- Learn & execute organizing tactics which may include in-district meetings with legislators, visibility events, development of organizing teams, and more.
- Identify and engage supportive organizations.
- Identify and build leadership among active volunteers.
- On occasion, conduct educational presentations on health care issues.
- Data entry and management.
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experiences:
- Passion for Missouri Health Care for All’s mission
- The ability to connect with a diverse group of people
- Experience building relationships with volunteers and coalition partners
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking skills
Missouri Health Care for All is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any person on the basis or race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, or any legally protected status.