American Red Cross CPR/AED and First Aid Certifications
Class Policies for Safety and Prevention
- All American Red Cross courses offered through Campus Recreation will be taken through the blended learning course delivery. All courses will follow modifications provided through an extensive document from American Red Cross that provides guidelines such as the following:
- Individuals must remain 6 feet apart from one another.
- All students and instructors in the course will be provided their own equipment throughout the course.
- Masks and gloves will be required throughout the in-person section of the course.
- Students and instructors will wash hands before the class starts and between any breaks.
- Various modifications will occur throughout portions of the class due to physical touching limitations.
- Patrons will be encouraged to inform the instructor if there is a situation/skill that is outside of the patron’s comfort level and the instructor will offer modifications where possible.
Learn the skills necessary to prevent, recognize and provide care for injuries and sudden illnesses until advanced medical personnel arrive.
Note: This certification is not designed for nursing students or individuals working in the hospital setting.
CPR/AED and First Aid Certifications
To find certification costs and available classes, please visit online services.
Private Classes Available
For more information about hosting a private CPR/AED and first aid classes for your university department or student organization, contact the welcome desk or contact Julie Krisch.
Faculty and Staff Registration
Full-time faculty and staff can register for these certification classes through My Learning Connection available via My Missouri State.