Donor funded scholarships
Donor funded scholarships are privately donated funds that are given to Missouri State students each year. The funds come from private gifts to the University made by individuals, groups or companies. They are awarded to students based on a wide range of criteria: major, high school attended, outstanding academic achievement, leadership and/or financial need.
If you are not admitted to the University but would like to view the donor funded scholarships, the Search Tool will allow you to search available scholarships. You cannot apply for scholarships using the Search Tool.
Applying for these scholarships
Complete the MSU Foundation Annual Scholarship Application no later than March 1 for the following academic year. You must be admitted to MSU in order to access and complete this scholarship application. This one application will apply you toward nearly 1,000 different scholarships.
The application is available each year around November 1 and the deadline is March 1 for the following academic year.
The scholarship application requires that you be admitted to the university and create a My Missouri State account.
- Log in to My Missouri State
- Click on the Student tab near the top of the My Missouri State page.
- Click on the Review Online Agreements link in the My Student Profile section.
- Complete the Online Financial Aid Agreement.
- Click on the MSU Foundation Annual Scholarship Application link in the My Financial Aid section of the Student tab.
- While not required for Foundation scholarships, all students are encouraged to complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) between Oct. 1 and Feb. 1 for the following academic year.