The purpose of this checklist is to assist you in your orientation to Missouri State University as a new faculty member.
For further assistance, please check with your hiring department head or administrative assistant.
Per Course Faculty
Administrative Paperwork and Processes
- Complete an I-9, W-4’s and direct deposit form for Payroll with your academic department at the time of hire, but no later than your first day of work. If you have not completed your I-9 form, please complete in your academic department prior to attending the Human Resources orientation session on August 13th.
- Set up your computer account to gain access to My Missouri State, Blackboard, campus email, access My Learning Connection, and other University systems.
- Contact your academic departmental office to coordinate for the pickup of your office key, if applicable.
Upon Your Arrival on Campus
- Obtain your University ID called a BearPass Card in Plaster Student Union, Room 128.
- Pick up your key at the Key Control Office.
- Pick up your parking permit or visitor parking pass by visiting the Parking Administration office (located in the Transit Operations Center).
Required Orientation Sessions, Compliance Training, and Professional Development Opportunities
- Attend the Human Resources New Faculty Orientation session on Monday, August 13th. If you have questions, please contact HR at 417-836-5102. (No registration required for attendance.)
- Attend the Office of the Provost New Faculty Orientation on Tuesday, August 14th. If you have questions, please contact the Provost Office at 417-836-4589. (No registration required for attendance.)
Register for Showcase for Teaching and Learning scheduled for Wednesday, August 15th. Network with colleagues and obtain information on classroom and teaching topics through several concurrent sessions. At noon, attend the complimentary luncheon with a keynote speaker at the Plaster Student Union. If you have questions about the event or registration, please contact the Faculty Center for Teaching and Learning at 417-836-3059.
- Complete online compliance training for new faculty. Compliance training is located in My Learning Connection, which is accessed through the My Missouri State portal on the Profile tab under the “Professional Development."
- Preventing Discrimination and Harassment
- Preventing Sexual Misconduct (Title IX)
- New faculty should complete their compliance training by Friday, September 14th. Please refer to your Department Head in regards to your requirement for completing HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Privacy and Security Training) or FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) online training.
If you need assistance, please visit the compliance training web page or call 417-836-5779 or 417-836-4592.
- New faculty can also register for Blackboard training to assist them with the development and management of their course sites through My Learning Connection.
- Missouri State Alert allows you to receive urgent notifications from the University, even if you’re away from campus or your computer. Faculty are automatically subscribed to the Missouri State Alert. Please visit the Missouri State Alert site to choose how you would prefer to be contacted when a notification is sent out. The Missouri State Alert is the University's mass notification system, which uses a variety of methods to contact students, faculty and staff in the event of an emergency or school closing.
You will need Adobe Reader to view and print some documents on this page.