Why study Spanish at Missouri State University?
- Our expert faculty from around the world provide you with a learning experience that can sharpen your speaking, writing and conversation skills.
- Smaller class sizes mean you get to know your teachers – many of whom hold PhDs – and can get focused, one-on-one attention from them.
- Knowing Spanish can help you land exciting jobs in a variety of fields.
- As our country’s Spanish-speaking population continues to grow, so does demand for people who can read and write Spanish, as well as translate Spanish into English and vice-versa.
- Studying a foreign language will prepare you to pursue graduate studies.
- Missouri State offers you many opportunities for study away, service learning and internships so you can practice speaking Spanish in real-world situations.
Degree options and courses
Through the Bachelor of Science in Modern Language, you may focus on Spanish language and culture. This flexible curriculum offers two degree programs and a variety of track options, allowing you to fully customize your education to your professional goals.
If you wish to add Spanish to a different major program, consider the Spanish minor.