Welcome, Veterans & family members!
Why choose Missouri State for veterans, military, and dependents?
- Priority registration access for veterans/military.
- Prepayment of tuition for recipients of the Post 9/11 GI Bill®, Vocational Rehabilitation
Program, and Tuition Assistance.
- GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/.
- Yellow Ribbon Program.
- Access to a veteran student lounge & computer lab.
- Support from devoted Veteran Student Center staff members.
- Mentorship from military veteran student transition liaisons.
- Red, White, & Blue graduation cordons.
A community of veteran, military, and dependents
Whether online or in the classroom, you are a part of our community, an MSU Bear. We are home to one of the largest number of veterans and dependents on a college campus in Missouri. We also have about 150 veterans serving in faculty and staff positions throughout the University.
Easy access to the resources you need to succeed
Starting the day you are admitted, we are committed to helping you complete your degree and locate employment. A variety of on-campus and off-campus veteran student resources are available to assist you.
Follow your passion
From criminology to business to everything in between, Missouri State offers 85+ undergraduate majors leading to 185+ academic options, so you can easily find the perfect fit for your interests.
If you're interested in applying to Missouri State, check out our helpful checklist to get started. Our friendly staff is here to assist you if you have any questions.