About the Veteran Student Center and the Missouri State Campus
Our mission is to provide quality service to all military-affiliated students by helping empower them to successfully transition to college and equip them to be productive in the civilian workforce.
We aspire to be known as leaders in veteran student center best practices who deliver exemplary service to all of our constituents.
- Engaging: We engage with our military-affiliated students as early as possible to help them apply for educational benefits, provide certification of said military benefits, and connect with campus and community resources.
- Supportive: We support our military-affiliated students by providing a welcoming and professionally staffed student center, including a quiet study area and computer lab, access to academic and post military resources, and a veteran and military exclusive lounge for camaraderie.
- Advocative: We advocate for our military-affiliated students by working with local, state and national organizations to promote the needs and rights of veterans and their dependents.
- Ethical: We conduct our work with integrity, honesty, and high professional standards, and believe that all individuals should be treated with affirmation, dignity, and respect.
Compare Missouri State University with other colleges:
Raeleen Ziegler, M. Ed.
Director, Veteran Student Center
- Oversees the overall operation and management of the Veteran Student Center, and the Veterans Lounge.
- Collaborates with other university departments to improving the way all military, veterans, and their families are supported within the MSU community.
School Certifying Specialist
- Processes all benefit programs as they relate to the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
- Helps coordinate all aspects of the certification process, and works with students to ensure timely benefit processing.
Office Support Assistant
(U.S. Army Veteran)
- He can assist students as they navigate the MSU campus, apply for benefits, and find different ways to engage the campus and local community.
- He also helps to monitor the front desk in the Veteran Student Lounge and main office.