This online pre-orientation program is designed to prepare you for your SOAR session and transition successfully to college life. This program covers:
- The academic advising process
- Missouri State's general education program
- Online tools you can use to plan your path to graduation
- How to best prepare for class registration
- How to prepare for your SOAR session
Contact Orientation and Transition Programs if you have a documented disability and are having difficulties with accessing or completing MSU 101.
Accessing MSU 101
MSU 101 can be accessed using Blackboard, a course management system used by Missouri State faculty.
MSU 101 will become available for new students in May. Follow these steps to access MSU 101:
- Login to your Blackboard account using your BearPass Login and Password.
- Select the Online Orientation link in the My Courses area.
Completing MSU 101
Here's what you need to know:
- It takes about 30 to 45 minutes to complete. You can exit the system and return, if necessary.
- MSU 101 consists of six informational modules designed to help you prepare you for SOAR and your first semester at Missouri State University.
- Students must complete MSU 101 at least two (2) days before attending their SOAR session.
- Students should complete MSU 101 themselves.
- Parents, family members, and other third parties should NOT complete this program on behalf of their students, as this information is necessary for new students to know.