Campus Recreation Space Reservation

Missouri State departments and student organizations may reserve Campus Recreation facility space. Off-campus or non-University groups may reserve Foster Recreation Center space pending availability. Note that space is set aside for open use by MSU's students, faculty and staff.

A complete list of reservation policies is on the facility reservation form. Fees for a reservation are dependent on the space reserved, equipment, staffing, and amount of time. Any damages incurred during the event will be charged to the user group.

Reservation Form

Spaces Available for Reservation

Campus Recreation has several spaces available throughout the facility that are available for reservation. Each has a list of amenities included with its space and can offer something different for your organization's event; whether that be host meetings, classes, or small receptions. To learn more about each individual space, visit our reservation table to get a comparable view.

Birthday Parties

We have a birthday party options during our family hours. We have a Bear (2 hour) and a cub (1.5 hour) party options. Parties can choose between the aquatics center and climbing wall or both areas. Please fill out the form below and email if you have any questions.

Birthday Party Reservation Form

Availability and Approval

Facilities are open for use on a scheduled basis. Due to limited facilities, not all requests can be accommodated. First priority for use of space is given to student recreation and fitness activities. Request for event space should be during times when space is not in high use by student open recreation use. Campus recreation must approve an event prior to its planning.

Please contact Campus Recreation at or by calling 417-836-5334 for more information about renting the FRC. Information about renting other recreation facilities beside the FRC is available on the Other Facilities page.

Campus Recreation Facility Policies

The University Recreation Center and Outdoor Recreation field space is available to rent for special events or other functions.

A facility reservation request form must be completed and submitted to the Assistant Director of Campus Recreation.

The form may be obtained from the main Campus Recreation office or from the link at the top of the page.

Any Missouri State Department or Student Organization may utilize Campus Recreation facility space.

Off Campus (Non-University) groups may use Campus Recreation space pending space availability.

Note that space is set aside for open use by Missouri State University's students, faculty, and staff.

Signed waivers are required for each participant of an event or birthday bash.

Student organizations must also submit an Event Registration request with the Office of Student Engagment in Plaster Student Union (PSU 115).

A complete list of reservation policies is on the facility request form.

Charges will apply for events for staffing and setup.


Any person or group wishing to use a facility exclusively for a specific time and date must submit an application. Facility reservations should be received according to the following timeline based on the size of the event:

  • Large events 
    Multiple facilities wanted, more than 300 participants, extensive level of organization required, high safety risk and large demand on Campus Recreation resources
  • Medium-sized events 
    Limited number of facilities wanted, more than 100 participants, moderate level of organization required, limited demand on Campus Recreation resources
  • Small events
    Limited number of facilities wanted, less than 100 participants, limited level of organization required, little demand placed on Campus Recreation resources

Rental Fees

  • All facility rental rates and fees are intended solely for guidance and are subject to change with or without notice. Missouri State University reserves the right to determine an appropriate rate for all facility rentals and usages of the FRC after considering all relevant factors.