Multicultural Programs Program Model
Multicultural Programs is a unit in the department of Multicultural Services, which oversees the Multicultural Resource Center, Mary Jean Price Walls Multicultural Resource Annex and the LGBTQ+ Resource Center.
Multicultural Programs is the hub for student growth and development as well as the exploration of identity and self. This programming model was created to help enhance the unit’s impact on campus, create meaningful initiatives, and achieve a newfound identity.
- Academic Success: Programs and initiatives that support student’s endeavors to succeed in the classroom as well as enhance retention and graduation rates of students.
- Professional Development: Programs and initiatives that support and promote professional access and growth (i.e., Adulting with the MRC series, financial literacy, social networking/marketing, continued education, etiquette skills etc)
- Leadership Development: Programs and initiatives that promote leadership from a cultural lens and understanding. Also, enhance student’s understanding of self, social activism, justice and the importance of advocacy.
- Diversity & Inclusion: Programs and initiatives that promote the understanding of different people and cultures. Programs will work to transform not only the individual but institutional climate and campus culture.
- Intersectionality: Programs and initiative’s that examine how identity is intersectional (race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, socioeconomic status, religion, nationality, etc).
- Community Empowerment: Programs and initiatives specifically designed for a specific community or group of people in order to foster empowerment, pride, and togetherness. Programs will seek to create a stronger community relationship in order to fister a stronger connection to campus and the Greater Springfield community.