We are working to keep our campus safe and healthy. The best way to contact First-Year Programs is through email: FirstYearPrograms@MissouriState.edu.
Visit MSU’s COVID-19 Information Center for more information, FAQs and links to resources.
First-Year Programs is committed to assisting new students in achieving a successful transition to Missouri State University’s community of scholars.
Our mission is realized through the following means:
- Promoting a deeper understanding of the Public Affairs Mission and its wider societal impact through a critical analysis of a common reader.
- Helping students build the necessary skills to be academically successful.
- Assisting students to establish campus connections and form a supportive network of faculty, staff, and other students.
- Developing ethical leaders and positive role models through the Peer Leader program.
- Offering professional development opportunities for instructors to collaborate and enhance their pedagogical skills.
Through the administration of GEP 101: First-Year Foundations, Peer Leader program, and instructor professional development, First-Year Programs serves as an academic cornerstone to assist students in attaining the University’s guiding purpose, which is “to develop educated persons.”