We are working to keep our campus safe and healthy. The best way to contact First-Year Programs is through email: FirstYearPrograms@MissouriState.edu.
Visit MSU’s COVID-19 Information Center for more information, FAQs and links to resources.
The Fall 2021 GEP Instructor application is now available on our Instructor Recruitment page. The deadline for first consideration is past but applications will still be accepted.
First-Year Programs is committed to assisting new students in achieving a successful transition to Missouri State University’s community of scholars.
Our mission is realized through the following means:
- Promoting a deeper understanding of the Public Affairs Mission and its wider societal impact through a critical analysis of a common reader.
- Helping students build the necessary skills to be academically successful.
- Assisting students to establish campus connections and form a supportive network of faculty, staff, and other students.
- Developing ethical leaders and positive role models through the Peer Leader program.
- Offering professional development opportunities for instructors to collaborate and enhance their pedagogical skills.
Through the administration of GEP 101: First-Year Foundations, Peer Leader program, and instructor professional development, First-Year Programs serves as an academic cornerstone to assist students in attaining the University’s guiding purpose, which is “to develop educated persons.”