Financial Assistance

The Bear POWER Comprehensive Transition Program Application (CTP) has been approved by the United States Department of Education. Bear POWER students can now qualify for Federal Financial Aid (if they have an Intellectual Disability and meet all criteria). It is recommended that potential students fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Missouri State's FAFSA School Code is 002503.

FAFSAalternative loans

Missouri State University Department of Financial Aid
Monday–Friday, 8 am to 5 pm, Carrington Hall 101
Office closed Tuesdays from 8:00 to 9:00 a.m.

Financial Aid Office: 417-836-5262
Toll-free: 800-283-4243


Explore ways to pay for college (Information from

Medicaid Waivers
You can use your Medicaid waiver for education supports, tuition, general fees, and on-campus peer mentors if you are working toward a specific job or career path. You cannot use waivers to cover room and board, or books.

County Senate Bill (SB) 40 Developmental Disability Boards
“SB 40” refers to Missouri Senate Bill 40, the law that funded the proposal to provide supports for residents with IDD. Some of the county boards help cover college costs for their clients. Check with yours to see how it can help. Click here to see a map of Missouri SB 40 county boards.

Social Security Plan for Achieving Self Support (PASS) Plans
If you receive Social Security benefits, you can create a PASS (Plan to Achieve Self Support) to help pay for college. Click here to contact your local SSA Pass Plan Coordinator for help completing the plan.


Hydrocephalus Scholarships

Ruby's Rainbow (for college students with Down Syndrome)

To view the following, you will need to download Adobe PDF reader.

Arc of the Ozarks Scholarship (updated in May)

Other available scholarships (NOT ALL ARE ACTIVE)


If you're a resident of New Hampshire: Harry Allen Gregg Foundation