Promoting Opportunities for Work, Education and Resilience
Earn a Bear POWER certificate of completion from Missouri State. After 5 semesters,
graduate with your certificate in an area of emphasis that you choose based on your
career interest. You will have a combination of college coursework, Bear POWER Academic
Support Sessions, and internship experiences. Audit your courses as noncredit or take
them for credit – this flexible program allows options for students and supports are
individualized based on your specific needs.
Our mission statement is “To effectively utilize existing campus and community resources to create an inclusive academic college program that generates individual
outcomes for students with intellectual disabilities in the areas of education and employment.”
As part of this program, you may:
- Complete an individualized program based on your particular interests.
- Become part of a small group of individuals working toward the same goal.
- Live on campus within the residence halls.
- Access all campus resources, as well as those offered through Bear POWER.
- Secure an internship while participating in the program.
- Enjoy a sense of independence gaining skills that may allow you to work.
- Walk in the graduation ceremony at program completion with your peers.
Explore Bear POWER, meet the people involved in it and preview life at Missouri State.
Find out the details about attending Missouri State as a Bear POWER student. You can
also check out the website, Showmecollege.com to help you see the possibilities ahead!
Applying for admission
Discover what is required for admission into the program. Learn how to apply and get
started with our checklist.
Projected program expenses
Determine your estimated cost with our outlined fees and associated costs.
View a list of available scholarship and financial aid opportunities.
Make a difference
Apply to become a mentor supporting Bear POWER students academically and within social
Show your support
Join the many generous donors who have offered their financial support for the development
of this program.
Recognize our partners
Because of our partnership with community organizations we are able to provide internships
and more to Bear POWER students.
To receive our monthly newsletter please enter your email: