Complete the Institutional Equity & Compliance training if you are:
- working as a GA, RA or Student Worker at MSU for the first time
- a returning GA, RA or Student Worker, but have NOT previously completed the Compliance training. If you have not completed the training previously as part of another MSU position, you will need to call 836-5779 to get your My Missouri State, Professional Development channel reinstated.
Spring Semester Hires: By March 1, 2013 you are required to complete the Institutional Equity & Compliance training.
Access to My Learning Connection is activated within 2 business days after your official hire date, or no later than February 22, 2013 based on the completion process of employment paperwork.
My Learning Connection
The My Learning Connection is the University's web-based learning management system and where you will access and complete your required online Compliance training. My Learning Connection is accessed through My Missouri State via the Profile tab. Instructional guides and tutorials are available online or call us at 836-5779 for assistance.
The following instructions for My Learning Connection will assist you to register for and complete your required Compliance training.
The three sessions listed below are required, with the other trainings such as HIPAA and FERPA being department specific. You will be able to print off a certificate to verify completion for your supervisor. Please make sure to read the instructions accompanying each training online.
Required Compliance training:
- Preventing Sexual Harassment (optional Supervisory Version is available, if applicable to your work)
- Preventing Employment Discrimination (optional Supervisory Version is available, if applicable to your work)
- In Their Shoes – Disability awareness
Please ask your Supervisor if you need to complete the optional HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Privacy and Security Training) and/or FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) online training.
- HIPAA Online Training: Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Privacy and Security Training should be completed by employees who are assigned to a department that has been designated as a Health Care Component. Please refer to the Health Information Privacy website for the list of the University's Health Care Components.
- FERPA Online Training: The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) training provides specific guidelines for protecting the information in student education records. Supervisors will make the determination whether this information is needed for the employee to conduct their job responsibilities.
Click here to learn more about Equity and Diversity Compliance Training.
Missouri State University’s annual security report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus; in certain off-campus buildings owned or controlled by the University; and on public property that is within the campus, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security, such as those concerning alcohol and other drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. You can obtain a copy of this report by contacting the Office of the Dean of Students, Plaster Student Union 405, 417-836-5527; Human Resources, Carrington Hall 118, 417-836-6616; or Safety and Transportation, 636 E. Elm, 417-836-8870 or by accessing the following web site: http://www.missouristate.edu/safetran/SafetyFolder/safety/annual-security.html.