Missouri State University is participating in the NIPA Cooperative Contract 13-23R with Office Depot for office supplies.
Highlights of the contract with Office Depot:
- Free shipping on all orders irrespective of the dollar amount.
- Sales tax exemption on all purchases made through the business account.
- In Store pricing: Any time a University issued Procurement Card is used at an Office Depot retail outlet, the cardholder will receive the same discounted prices available through the online account.
- User Guide: The User Guide provides all the steps involved in using the Office Depot online account.
Office Depot - Obtaining a New Account
To obtain an Office Depot account, the applicant will need to:
- Complete the Office Depot Approval Form
- Submit the completed and signed application form to the Procurement Card Coordinator, CAR 106. Original signatures are required.
- Once the Application is received, a new account is created keeping in mind the following:
- If the applicant is a P-Card holder, his/her Office Depot account will be tied to their respective P-Card. If a department has a designated P-Card for office supplies, then that P-Card will be used instead. When doing the monthly P-Card allocations the transactions with Office Depot for office supplies need to be allocated as well. These transactions will also need to be listed on the P-Card transaction log and backup documentation maintained on file along with the other P-Card documentation.
- If the individual doesn't have a P-Card then that particular Office Depot account will be setup for a Direct Bill. In the event of a direct bill, the invoices are sent to the Office of Procurement Services and a Payment Request form is completed by the Office of Procurement Services and sent to Accounts Payable for payment. A check is then issued to Office Depot. We would like to avoid this process as much possible unless absolutely required.
The new account details will be emailed to the applicant.
Note: Only the account holder is allowed to buy from Office Depot. You are not allowed to share account information with other individuals. Multiple accounts can be created within the same department.
Ordering from Office Depot
When logging in for the first time, you will need to put in the P-Card number that the office supplies purchases will need to be tied to. Kindly follow the guidelines in the user guide on how you can setup a P-Card as a default credit card so as to not have to put in the information every time.
You will need to input the following information (on the checkout page) every time you place an order from Office Depot:
- Building and Room Number:
- Order For:
The website you will need to use to access the contracted items from Office Depot is: https://business.officedepot.com/
Your login ID will be your email address, for e.g. 'firstname.lastname@example.org'
If you order office supplies for multiple departments and use multiple P-Cards you will receive separate accounts for each department.
The User Guide provides a step by step guideline on how to navigate through the Office Depot website.
Return Policy and Process
Kindly follow the guidelines mentioned below when processing a return with Office Depot.
If you are dissatisfied for any reason, you will receive a full credit. Simply return the merchandise in its original packaging, within 30 days.
Special order non-stocked merchandise will be ordered upon request, but may only be returned if received damaged or defective.
The only way to process a return is to contact Colleen Barber with Office Depot at:
You will need to provide her with the information listed below:
- Phone Number
- Building and Room Number
- Sales order number from the packing list (same as invoice number)
- Item number and unit of measure of the product being returned/credited
- Reason for the return
Kindly hold on to the items to be returned with you until central receiving comes to pick them up from you.
- If you have any additional questions or issues with a return you will need to contact only Tasha Baird.
- When processing a return do not call the customer care center, process a return online or email any other representative at Office Depot.
- Under special circumstances returns can be processed after 30 days. You will need to contact Tasha directly for that as well.
- Any purchase made at a retail store outlet will need to be returned back to the store itself. This return process is only for purchases made online through the https://business.officedepot.com website.
Any questions concerning Office Depot kindly contact Isaac Balasundaram, Office of Procurement Services at IsaacBalasundaram@MissouriState.edu.