Fiscal Year-End Deadlines for FY2021, Ending on June 30, 2021
- All FY21 requisitions that do not require a solicitation must be electronically entered, and show electronic departmental approval in the Banner system by the end of Friday, June 11, 2021.
- All FY21 requisitions that do require a solicitation must be electronically entered, and show electronic departmental approval in the Banner system according to the following dollar amounts and dates:
|$10,000 - $25,000||by the end of Friday, May 21, 2021|
|$25,000 - $99,000||by the end of Wednesday, May 19, 2021|
|$100,000 and above||by the end of Friday, April 30, 2021|
- Items received after this time will be processed in FY22. Purchase orders issued by Wednesday, June 30, 2021 will encumber FY21 funds.
- Encumbrances entered in FY21 or before as standing purchase orders will be carried forward to FY22, unless cancelled by the end-user.
- FY21 requisitions that require bidding and/or that involve significant lead times should be submitted with consideration given to available processing time, bid guidelines, and product and service lead times. Submittals will be processed in the order received.
- Requisitions that cannot be processed in FY21 will need to be resubmitted as new requisitions in FY22.
- Advertising and posting—Approximately one to two weeks for orders greater than $25,000.
- Purchases greater than or equal to $100,000 require review and approval by the Board of Governors at their scheduled meetings.
- Buyer analysis, bid processing, and purchase order issuance—Approximately within one week during standard periods for routine items. RFPs that require the development of specifications and/or committee evaluation will involve longer time periods that are specific to the product or service.
- Delivery lead times—Approximately one to two weeks for stock items and general services, or up to approximately two to ten weeks for production items and specialized services. Manufacturing scheduling and the availability of raw materials are examples of variables that can delay production and subsequent shipment dates.
- FY21 requisitions for goods and services that require bidding should be submitted to Procurement Services per the above schedule, in order for the funds to be encumbered in FY21. Processing will be subject to the above guidelines.
- After June 30th, all payment requests, including purchase orders and travel expense reports, will be reviewed by a designated accountant. If the goods or services were received on campus prior to July 1st, the invoice will be dated June 30, 2021, and will be paid using FY21 monies. If the goods or services were received after June 30th, the invoice will be dated with the current date, and will be paid using FY22 monies. After approximately three weeks, only invoices above an amount set by Financial Services (approximately $15,000) will be paid using FY21 monies. When Period 12 is closed, only potential large payments (such as $50,000) will be paid using FY21 monies.
Purchase orders that were written in FY21 and invoiced in FY21 cannot be paid until the rollover for all purchase orders occurs. However, purchase orders written and invoiced in FY22 can be paid.
Requisitions generated in FY21 with an invoice coded in FY21 will be reviewed by a designated accountant. If the goods or services were received by June 30, 2021 the requisition should be cancelled, the invoice should be submitted on a payment request, and it will be paid using FY21 monies. If the goods or services were received after June 30, 2021 the invoice will be dated with the current date and will be paid using FY22 monies.
Care should be taken when determining whether a purchase order should be generated, or a payment request can be used for products or services completed prior to July 1st.
If you have any questions, please contact Financial Services.
All unpaid FY21 invoices and/or signed Departmental Approval copies should immediately be submitted to Procurement Services. In order to be encumbered for FY21, items must be submitted by Friday, June 18, 2021.
All purchases using FY21 money must be transacted by Friday, June 18, 2021. Transactions that are posted to the UMB Visa system by June 30, 2021 will be funded with FY21 money.
Payment Request Forms
All outstanding FY21 payment requests with corresponding invoices must be submitted to Accounts Payable by Friday, June 18, 2021.
Reports are to be submitted within two weeks upon return from each trip. However, all outstanding FY21 travel reimbursement requests and supporting documents must be submitted to Accounts Payable by Friday, June 18, 2021.
All on-line budget transfers for FY21 monies must be made by Friday, June 25, 2021. All budget transfers requested by memorandum must be submitted by Friday, June 25, 2021. Memorandum requests should be directed to the budget analyst assigned to the cost center.
Requisitions for FY22 with a FY22 date cannot be entered until the FY22 budgets are loaded into Banner. Budgets are projected to be available on or after July 1, 2021.
Grants and Contracts
Any grant and contract charges should be addressed by working with the Grant Accountant to ensure that charges are posted on a timely basis. Grant funds begin with G, I, K, M, and O.
Time and Effort Report
Reports for the Spring 2021 semester must be submitted to Grants and Contracts Accounting by Friday, June 25, 2021.
Refer to payroll website for guidelines.