Fiscal Year-End Deadlines
Fiscal Year-End Deadlines for FY2018, Ending on June 30, 2018
- All FY18 requisitions that do not require a solicitation must be electronically entered, and show electronic departmental approval in the Banner system by the end of Friday, June 15, 2018.
- All FY18 requisitions that do require a solicitation must be electronically entered, and show electronic departmental approval in the Banner system according to the following dollar amounts and dates:
$10,000 - $25,000 by the end of Friday, May 25, 2018
$25,000 - $99,000 by the end of Wednesday, May 23, 2018
$100,000 and above by the end of Friday, May 4 2018
- Items received after this time will be processed in FY19. Purchase orders issued by Friday, June 29, 2018 will encumber FY18 funds.
- Encumbrances entered in FY18 or before as standing purchase orders will be carried forward to FY19, unless cancelled by the end-user.
- FY18 requisitions that require bidding and/or that involve significant lead times should be submitted with consideration given to available processing time, bid guidelines, and product and service lead times. Submittals will be processed in the order received.
- Requisitions that cannot be processed in FY18 will need to be resubmitted as new requisitions in FY19.
- Advertising and posting—Approximately one to two weeks for orders greater than $25,000.
- Purchases greater than or equal to $100,000 require review and approval by the Board of Governors at their scheduled meetings.
- Buyer analysis, bid processing, and purchase order issuance—Approximately within one week during standard periods for routine items. RFPs that require the development of specifications and/or committee evaluation will involve longer time periods that are specific to the product or service.
- Delivery lead times—Approximately one to two weeks for stock items and general services, or up to approximately two to ten weeks for production items and specialized services. Manufacturing scheduling and the availability of raw materials are examples of variables that can delay production and subsequent shipment dates.
- FY18 requisitions for goods and services that require bidding should be submitted to Procurement Services per the above schedule, in order for the funds to be encumbered in FY18. Processing will be subject to the above guidelines.
- After June 30th, all payment requests, including purchase orders and travel expense reports, will be reviewed by a designated accountant. If the goods or services were received on campus prior to July 1st, the invoice will be dated June 30, 2018, and will be paid using FY18 monies. If the goods or services were received after June 30th, the invoice will be dated with the current date, and will be paid using FY19 monies. After approximately three weeks, only invoices above an amount set by Financial Services (approximately $15,000) will be paid using FY18 monies. When Period 12 is closed, only potential large payments (such as $50,000) will be paid using FY18 monies.
Purchase orders that were written in FY18 and invoiced in FY19 cannot be paid until the rollover for all purchase orders occurs. However, purchase orders written and invoiced in FY19 can be paid. Requisitions generated in FY18 with an invoice coded in FY18 will be reviewed by a designated accountant. If the goods or services were received by June 30, 2018 the requisition should be cancelled, the invoice should be submitted on a payment request, and it will be paid using FY18 monies. If the goods or services were received after June 30, 2018 the invoice will be dated with the current date and will be paid using FY19 monies. Care should be taken when determining whether a purchase order should be generated, or a payment request can be used for products or services completed prior to July 1st.
If you have any questions, please contact Financial Services.
All unpaid FY18 invoices and/or signed Departmental Approval copies should immediately be submitted to Procurement Services. In order to be encumbered for FY18, items must be submitted by Friday, June 8, 2018.
All purchases using FY18 money must be transacted by Friday, June 22, 2018. Transactions that are posted to the UMB Visa system by June 30, 2018 will be funded with FY18 money.
Payment Request Forms
All outstanding FY18 payment requests with corresponding invoices must be submitted to Accounts Payable by Friday, June 15, 2018.
Reports are to be submitted within two weeks upon return from each trip. However, all outstanding FY18 travel reimbursement requests and supporting documents must be submitted to Accounts Payable by Friday, June 15, 2018.
All on-line budget transfers for FY18 monies must be made by Friday, June 22, 2018. All budget transfers requested by memorandum must be submitted by Friday, June 8, 2018. Memorandum requests should be directed to the budget analyst assigned to the cost center.
Requisitions for FY19 with a FY19 date cannot be entered until the FY19 budgets are loaded into Banner. Budgets are projected to be available on or after July 1, 2018.
Grants and Contracts
Any grant and contract charges should be addressed by working with the Grant Accountant to ensure that charges are posted on a timely basis. Grant funds begin with G, I, K, M, and O.
Time and Effort Report
Reports for the Spring 2018 semester must be submitted to Grants and Contracts Accounting by Friday, June 29, 2018.
Refer to payroll website for guidelines.