Missouri State University is participating in the US Communities Cooperative Contract R-TC-17006 with Amazon Business. Additionally, Financial Services has paid for Amazon Business Prime so individual departments will not have to setup separate Amazon Prime accounts.
Below are some features of the Amazon Business Prime account:
- Free two-day, same-day delivery and one-day shipping on eligible orders
- Setup up as a sales tax exempt account
- Business pricing and quantity discounts on select items
- Access to a specialized customer service team for business customers only
- Guided buying
- Spend visibility
Setup a New Account:
If you would like to be setup on Amazon Business account, the following information will need to be emailed to Isaac Balasundaram, Office of Procurement Services at IsaacBalasundaram@MissouriState.edu.
- Email address:
Restrictions when using the Amazon Business Account:
- This account is ONLY for university business! Personal orders are not allowed on the business account. All orders placed through the Amazon Business account are setup for sales tax exemption which is not permitted on personal orders. If you would like to use your university email for personal purchases let me know and I can remove your email from the university’s business account. The option would be to use a departmental email account instead. You cannot select on a per order basis if the order is business/personal, it is an account setting.
- All orders have to be shipped to the university address and cannot be shipped to a personal address! Per the university policy, all purchases on the P-Card have to be delivered to the university address. My office will be doing a regular audit on this here on out and will send out reminders as needed.
Sales Tax Exemption:
Amazon started charging sales tax for purchases in Missouri on February 1, 2017.
Missouri State University’s Amazon Business account is setup to for Sales Tax-Exemption. You will have to be on the Missouri State University Amazon Business account in order to get the sales tax-exemption.
We only get the sales tax exemption on ‘Amazon Fulfilled’ items. A good way to filter those items is by clicking on the ‘Amazon Prime’ filter option on the left. Some third party vendors will charge us sales tax and we don’t have choice but to pay for the tax. You can check to see if you can get the same items from other vendors that don’t charge tax but that’s the only option for you.
If you are using the Amazon Business account and you get to the checkout page and you are being charged tax you will need to just go ahead and pay it unless you can find it through an Amazon Fulfilled vendor.
Note: The Amazon Business account is different from our Office Depot office supplies contract in that you are not always buying directly from Amazon.com and most often you are buying from other sellers through Amazon. We do not have the same customer service and after sales assistance like we do with Office Depot. Departments have to use their own judgment when buying from Amazon.com!