We want to give you the best experience for completing your BSN. Please contact us with any questions.
Admission and Program Requirements
In the works: A simpler path to your BSN
The admission and program requirements for the BSN-C program are being revised.
Please contact Dr. Kathy Adams email@example.com for more info.
Nursing (completion program for registered nurses)
The School of Nursing offers a junior-senior level nursing program leading to a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree (BSN) for registered nurses. Degree candidates must be licensed registered nurse or currently enrolled in an associate degree or diploma nursing program. Admission to the program is by application and selection as stated in the admission policies.
- Application must be made to both the University and the School of Nursing.
- Unencumbered current licensure in good standing as a registered nurse.
- Students preparing to graduate from an ADN/ASN program may apply and be provisionally accepted to the BSN-C program. Provisionally accepted students may begin non-clinical coursework until the receipt of RN licensure.
- GPA of 2.50 or higher on a 4.00 scale, based on at least 30 hours of college work. GPAs below 2.50 will be considered on an individual basis.
Additional requirements of the program
Major requirements (42 hours):
- Specific General Education requirements: SOC 150(3) and PSY 121(3).
- Upper division nursing requirements: NRS 306(3), 335(3), 338(3), 341(3), 342(3), 357(3), 442(3), 443(3), 482(3); IPE 375(3); approved nursing elective (3).
- One course in statistics from: PSY 200(3), SOC 220(3), AGR 330(3), MTH 340(3), IPE 381(3), PSY 527(3), or others by permission.
- Public Affairs Capstone Experience will be fulfilled by completion of NRS 443(3).
University level requirements:
The Missouri State University BSN-C is an online program. Didactic online content is delivered using asynchronous and synchronous formats. Applicants to the BSN-C program must be computer literate and be comfortable using word processing, spreadsheet management, and presentation graphics software. Students are expected to manage files, navigate the Internet and access resources, and use a computer, camera, video, scanner, and email. Students who have deficiencies in these areas are encouraged to seek training before the start of the program.
The School of Nursing uses the Blackboard course management system for all courses. Students will be required to upload documents and download files. Video conferencing software may be used. Requirements of the program include access to broadband (cable or DSL) connections, a web camera and microphone, and a computer with wireless capabilities to meet the minimal hardware requirements. MSU multimedia content is optimized for Internet Explorer and Firefox.
Continuing enrollment in Missouri State University should be maintained to be considered a student in the BSN-C program. Students who interrupt their education for a year or more must follow University readmission policies.