Resources to support your success
A certain number of Graduate Assistantships are available. These are awarded for a two-year period and include both a number of hours of tuition and a stipend. Please review complete graduate assistantship information online.
Out-of-State students may have the opportunity to waive some or all of the out-of-state portion of their tuition/fees.
- Continue the Tradition — If you are a child or grandchild of a Missouri State graduate you may receive a full waiver of the out-of-state portion of fees.
- Midwest Student Exchange — Graduate students whose legal residence is Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota or Wisconsin may qualify if they have an undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.25 and are formally admitted to a graduate degree program. The value is a full waiver of the out-of-state portion of fees for the academic year (fall and spring).
- MOGO Scholarship — The Missouri Outreach Graduate Opportunity Scholarship is available to students admitted into an eligible graduate program. You must be considered a non-resident of Missouri for fee purposes; have an undergraduate GPA of at least 3.25; have official scores from the GRE on file with the Missouri State University Graduate College; and be enrolled as a full-time graduate student, taking at least nine graduate credit hours during the fall and during the spring semester, or five graduate credit hours during the summer. The value of this scholarship is three-fourths of the out-of-state portion of fees for nine credit hours (five credit hours in the summer). Therefore, it would be beneficial to take the GRE exam simply to be awarded this amount. No specific grade on the exam is required.
Scholarships for graduate students
- Graduate Scholarship for Enhancing Diversity — Here, diversity includes both individual differences (e.g. personality, learning styles, and life experiences) and group/social differences (e.g. race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, country of origin, and cultural/political/religious affiliations) that will add to the service and/or pursuit of learning.
- Basil & JoAnn Boritzki Scholarship — A competitive scholarship based on research.
- Aileen and Keith Ford Scholarship — Given to a first-year Missouri State graduate student who received their undergraduate degree at Missouri State University.