The Honors College has closed our office in University Hall in order to promote social distancing and student safety. Our staff are still available to conduct advising sessions with students via telephone. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at 417-836-6370 to request an appointment time. Make sure to provide a telephone number where we may reach you.
You are also welcome to email us your routine questions.
Think bigger and bolder
The mission of the Missouri State University Honors College is to create an academic environment that is stimulating, challenging, and conducive to undergraduate learning and development. The Honors College fosters this environment by doing the following:
- Attracting exceptional students from Missouri, the U.S., and around the world who have a demonstrated record of intellectual curiosity and academic success
- Matching students with outstanding faculty instructors in small course settings that foster collaboration, engagement, and discourse
- Developing critical thinking skills through a rigorous program of multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary instruction with an emphasis upon research and academic writing
- Supporting the university’s public affairs mission by complementing the classroom experience with academic and social programming that promotes leadership, service, and the life of the mind
- Providing high levels of mentoring, advising, and development through individualized attention throughout a student’s program of study
- Preparing students for career success, graduate study, and competition for graduate and international research fellowships and awards