The Spring 2020 interdisciplinary faculty writing retreat is designed to:
- Create a motivated and positive environment that fosters excellent work
- Encourage productivity through accountability and camaraderie
- Help you accomplish a writing project this fall
The retreat includes committed writing time, mini-sessions on removing productivity challenges and fostering good writing habits, discussions on writing style, grammar, and more. The retreat is open to anyone working on a scholarly writing project. The goal is for each participant to arrive with a work in progress and leave with a manuscript prepared for submission.
Writing Retreat session agenda:
- 8:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. Goal Setting
- 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Writing Time
- 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. Luncheon and group discussion about writing habits and strategies
- 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Writing Time
Free for all MSU faculty and staff; a light lunch will be provided.
Email Dr. Etta Madden (ettamadden@MissouriState.edu) if you have any questions.
Spring 2020 sessions are facilitated by Dr. Etta Madden and held in the FCTL Meyer Library Room 204, from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Upcoming faculty writing retreats
Free for all MSU faculty and staff; a light lunch will be provided each day.
Email (Dr. Etta Madden) if you have any questions.
- Friday, January 24
- Thursday, February 6
- Friday, February 21
- Thursday, March 5
- Friday, March 27
- Thursday, April 16
- Friday, April 24
- Monday-Tuesday, May 18-19
Register today through My Learning Connection.
Contact the FCTL at FCTL@MissouriState.edu.