Dr. Richard C. Garrad
Missouri State University
901 S. National Ave.
Springfield, MO 65897
PhD, 1993, Miami University
- Molecular Cell Biology
- Signal Transduction
- Molecular Mechanisms of Bacterial Pathogenesis
- Senior Seminar
- Current Literature Topics
Research and professional interests
Responses to extracellular nucleotides are mediated by specific cell-surface receptors.
- P2 receptor subtypes have been classified pharmacologically and can be subdivided into G protein-coupled receptors and ligand-gated ion channels.
- P2 nucleotide receptors regulate diverse physiological functions in mammalian tissues, including, neurotransmission, platelet aggregation, vasodilatation and epithelial ion transport.
- Examination of the ways in which the P2 nucleotide receptors function at the molecular and physiological levels.